Monday, July 22, 2019

Batman: Hush Review





Batman: Hush is a animated direct-to-video film based on the acclaim story arc of the same name. It's the fourteenth installment of the DC Animated Movie Universe and the thirty-fifth film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line. The movie is written by Ernie Altbacker and directed Justin Copeland.




The story is a new villain has come to Gotham City going by the alias Hush. His plan is to destroy the caped crusader himself, Batman. To further complicate matters Batman and Catwoman are starting to have feelings for each other and are questioning if they can truly have a relationship?









Initial Reaction




Having been a fan of the Batman: Hush storyline I was definitely looking forward to a animated film about said storyline. Although I do admit from watching the trailer I wasn't expecting everything to be just like the comic but I was still willing to give the movie a chance.








Cons




I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground




Now the writers of the movie did a lot of changes. Some I don't mind others on the other hand I'm not a fan of. For instance the change with Hush, I like the changes with Bruce Wayne's friend Thomas Elliot get a thumbs down. He's just not as developed as he is the comic arc which just makes him come off as a throw away. The other grey area is the animation. I don't mind it but this is definitely one of the movies that would have benefit a style more closely to Jim Lee's art.








Pros




Now for the more positive aspects of Batman: Hush one of those being the action. It's definitely exciting and you want to see the next action scene. I got really excited for Batman vs. Superman and the final fight between Batman and Hush. The other good thing about the movie is the voice work. Everyone does a good job with their characters especially Jennifer Morrison as Catwoman. She provided a good amount of seductiveness and charm to the character. The final thing I'll give the movie credit for is touching upon the subject of Batman and Catwoman being in a relationship. It does a pretty good job with, sure the comic touched upon it more but the movie did what I think is a serviceable job.








Batman: Hush is a good movie overall. It has nice action scenes, the voice acting is good, and the relationship between Batman and Catwoman is developed quite nicely. The mix bags stem from some of the changes and the animation. But none the less I still enjoyed the movie despite these grey areas.








My final rating is Good








So that's all for me. Come back Monday, July 29th for my review of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and that review will be part three of my Road to Terminator: Dark Fate. Until then enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment