Thursday, November 5, 2020

Underrated Films - Atlantis: The Lost Empire Review




Atlantis: The Lost Empire is a 2001 animated sci-fi fantasy action adventure film. It's the 41st film in Disney's animated features and their first sci-fi movie. The film was produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and Walt Disney Pictures and distributed by Buena Vista Pictures. Atlantis: The Lost Empire was written by Tab Murphy and directed by Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise.





The story is a young adventurer has been hired to help solve an ancient mystery. Him and a group of other explorers will go and unravel what happened to the lost city of the mythical Atlantis. But their maybe some people who have other motives.











Why It's Underrated


The reason that Atlantis: The Lost Empire is considered because Disney just doesn't give it enough love. They hardly mentions it and I do believe I haven't seen a TV showing for it in years. Which sucks because this is such a good movie, the animation alone makes it fantastic.






My Thoughts



One of the best things about this is the characters. I really liked them, they were written very well. Other than Milo I think my other favorite would be Vinny. I loved also every word of dialogue that he said. That line about how they've done a lot of things they're not proud of. That line was just hilarious.



What I also loved about the film was the animation. This was just gorgeous. I mean right from the opening you can tell you're going to great animation no matter what.



Another thing that makes Atlantis: The Lost Empire such an amazing film is the voice acting. Everyone from Michael J. Fox to James Garner to Cree Summer everyone does such a great job voicing their respected character. Honestly I could say Michael was the best but I really don't have a favorite performance for this one.



The final thing I'll praise the film for is the mythology the writers made for this version of Atlantis. When I first watched this movie as a kid I was expecting the typically Atlantis were they're all fish-like humans in a city under water, sure you do get the sunken city but the writers did do many different things that help separate this Atlantis for all of the other stories you've might of heard about.








Guys Atlantis: The Lost Empire is one of favorite animated movies. It has great characters, beautiful animation, great voice work, and the world of this Atlantis is very interesting. Seriously, if you don't watch this film you're missing out.








My final rating is A Must Watch








Accomplishments



Now Atlantis: The Lost Empire only won one award, that being Best Sound Editing for an animated feature film from the 2002 Golden Reel Awards. Not bad but at the same time not a very memorable award, but I think the movie won big when it gained a cult following.








Okay that's all for me. Come back on Monday, Aug 16th for my A Look Back at review for the Animaniacs. Until then enjoy the rest of your day and please give this one a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment