Thursday, June 16, 2022

Terror on the Prairie Review

 


Terror on the Prairie is a western film. The movie is produced by The Daily Wire and Bonfire Legend and distributed by The Daily Wire. Terror on the Prairie is written by Josiah Nelson and directed by Michael Polish.





The story is Hattie McAllister is a frontier woman living out on the Montana plains. Then, all of the quietness comes to an end. Now she must protect herself from ruthless gang of outlaws. Will she survive or is she doomed?







Initial Reaction

After seeing their previous films, those being Run Hide Fight, Shut In, and The Hyperions, I was curious if this film would be just as good as the previous ones. Cause regardless of how you feel about The Daily Wire, I think we can kind of agree they have been bringing some pretty good movies.








Cons

I've got nothing to say, so just move on.








Middle Ground

The one and only thing I'm gonna put in this section is the cinematography. Now, the overall look of the movie is by no means bad, far from it actually. I just found it to be okay. Nothing horrible, and certainly nothing spectacular. Just an overall serviceable design.








Pros

One thing I'll give credit is the dark tone. This tone fits perfectly with the movie, and it really made me laugh that people were complaining about because they wanted something "family friendly" or "fun". Never mind the fact we've always had dark western films such as The Dollars Trilogy (aka The Man with No Name Trilogy), High Noon, Unforgiven, and many others that came before this one. Also, this woman and her family are isolated and trying to survive from a group of killers....yeah, with a small summary like that I don't think we were in for a big laugh riot. So I don't get what some people are complaining about, because the tone works. What I also enjoyed from the movie was the acting. No, it's not something award winning, however it's still really good. It was especially great to see Gina Carano again after she was wrongfully fried from The Mandalorian. What I also enjoyed from Terror on the Prairie was surprisingly the lack of music, or as I should say no music. For some that was an issue and I can see where they're coming from, but for me not really. I actually thought it fit well with how isolated Hattie and her family is, and it made the action scenes feel more intense. Also if a movie like No Country for Old Men can have a lack of a score, why can't other films challenge themselves and give that method a try? The last thing I'll give props to is the action. While it is fun to see the shoot outs, what really made them work was how intense they were. I actually had a couple of moments where I tensed up during those scenes. And I think that's why those scenes worked so well, it wasn't about the next person getting shot. It was about how stressful and terrifying a situation like that is.








The Daily Wire provide yet another pretty good flick. We're giving a perfectly executed dark tone, good acting, the lack of music felt more like a plus than a negative, and the action is intense. Although while the overlook of the movie isn't that impressive, at least it was decent enough.








My final rating is Good.








Alright, that's going to do it for me. Come back on Saturday, Jun 18th for my review of Pixar's newest film, Lightyear. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment