Thursday, February 23, 2017

My Rant on The Razzies

Image result for razzies


So two days from now on February 25th, 2017 it will be the 37th Golden Raspberry Awards aka the Razzies. I let me say this as blunt as possible I absolutely hate the Razzies. Let me explain their concept they are the opposite of the Golden Gobles or the Oscars. They give rewards to the worst films of the year. Now this year really annoys me because there on films on their list they I don't think should be on there such as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Independence Day: Resurgence and London Has Fallen. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in my opinion isn't as bad as everybody is desperately trying to make it out to be the theatrical cut is okay but the ultimate edition is actually pretty good not the greatest thing ever made but it did give us more answers to some of the questions the theatrical cut left out(Warner Bros. you better not cut somethings of out of Wonder Woman and Justice League too.). Suicide Squad is also a decent movie my main problem was the choose of villain. Independence Day: Resurgence to me is just decent nothing I think people should rush to get it on DVD or Blu-ray. Now let's talk about the films that do deserve to be on there. Gods of Egypt, Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party, Zoolander 2(I really didn't want to say that but that movie was bad), and Fifty Shades of Black and many others. I question why aren't films like this


Image result for max steel poster


or this

Image result for nine lives 2016 movie poster


or the reboot to a franchise nobody asked for


Image result for ghostbusters 2016 movie poster



Oh wait I forgot you can't constructively criticized Ghostbusters (2016) for it's shortcomings otherwise for some reason you're a sexist bigot. My point is there are far worst movies out there than Independence Day: Resurgence, Batman v Superman, or Suicide Squad. Also I never understood the purpose of rewarding bad movies. I mean it makes sense to put awful movies on "The Worst Movies of this year" list. To me that's already telling people how terrible it is you don't have to give it a trophy. My other problem with the Razzies and everybody else has this problem as well they pick the "mainstream" movies. I looked at their list through the years and they don't have movies such as Troll 2, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, Highlander II: The Quickening, hell they don't even have awards for Dragon Ball: Evolution and that has to be the worst adaptation to an animated series ever! They always pick films you have heard of and know that are in theaters. Anyways that's my rant on the Razzies and comment below on why you hate the Razzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment