Monday, March 6, 2017

Road to Justice League - Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths


This review contains spoilers. You have been warned.



Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths is 2010 direct-to-video animated movie. The story is a heroic Lex Luthor travels to an alternate universe and ask help from the Justice League to stop the evil Crime Syndicate.


Before I start the review I actually want to tell you a little story about this film. It was going to be called Justice League: Worlds Collide and it was going to bridge the gaps between  the cartoon Justice League and it's successor Justice League: Unlimited.


  • Negatives

I have no problems let's move on.


  • Mix

Let's get this out of the way the movie's story it's really not that creative. We have seen the Justice League fight evil versions of themselves lots of times. But all the positives I'm going to give this movie kind of brushes that aside.



  • Positives

One thing I love about this film is it's art style. It's not Bruce Timm's artwork or someone trying to copy it. It's the film's own style and nothing else.


Another thing this movie does right is the writing that the late Dwayne McDuffie has written. The dialogue in this movie is quotable. One for my favorite lines in this movie is between Superman(Mark Harmon) and President Slade Wilson(Bruce Davison) it goes like this "Superman- There's a saying on my world. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". "President Slade Wilson- It's easy for someone like you to be brave but most of us aren't bulletproof".


The animation is just like Justice League: The New Frontier it's very good for DVD standards but again nothing I would put in theaters.


I also really enjoyed all the scenes with The Flash. Seriously he was hilarious in this film.


I also give the film points for making Owlman just not care anymore once he discovers the multiverse because he realizes it doesn't matter what choose you make because in his mind an alternate version of you made the decision that you didn't make. It's a nice touch because it just shows how sinister he is compared to Batman.


The one aspect I loved the most in this movie was seeing the Justice League and the Crime Syndicate fight each other because the only time I got that was in the comics or that one time in the Justice League cartoon when it was Justice League vs. Justice Lords. So finally seeing these two teams fight each other on film was I dream come true.



Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths has a nice art style, great dialogue, the animation is good, The Flash is very funny in this movie, I loved how that made Owlman just not care anymore, and it's very enjoyable to see the Justice League and Crime Syndicate fight even thought the premise isn't all that creative.



My final rating for this movie is Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment