Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Small Rant on My Theater

So guys I love the movie theater I go to. Sure it only gives me two movies to choice but hey I'm not going to complain about that but I am going to complain about three problems I have with that theater. These are the problems that drive me crazy! So let's begin.


Problem #1- Bad Timing

Now this happened to me when my Dad & I went to go see The Fate of the Furious back in April. We got there the exact moment of it's premiere not an early release or the day after right on time. I was expecting to see like two commercials for things I'm never going to by or a commercial telling me how great Salem, Ohio is that didn't happening. It got started right on time no five minute delay or anything right on time. So why am I complaining about this simple now I posted my review for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 on Friday the day of it's release but I actually saw it on Thursday I just wanted to post it on the day of it's release what happened was I got that delay I saw commercials I didn't care for & trailers for films I'm going to see but I just wanted the movie. Why do this if it's an early screening you get a delay, if it's a day after the film's release you get a delay but the day of it's release right on schedule. What's the point? If it's an early screening you don't want people to feel special & if people see it one day after it's release you make it feel like a punishment.



Problem #2- Too Many Commercials

This sort of goes with the previous problem but hear me out. Now like I said before the movie starts you see commercials & trailers for other films my problem is there's too many! Let's go back to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 they said the film was going to start at 7:00pm it said it on both their website & a poster they have outside but when did the film really start it started at 7:11pm. Why because they had to shove a product for Pepsi in my face. Hey you know what you should do show the trailers & commercials before the initial time not during and tone it down with all the products I'm at a movie theater not my living room! Now yes I understand the theater makes money for doing but again if I want to see commercials while watching a movie I'll just stay home.



Problem #3- Showing Movies Way Past Their Release Dates

Now this is just a small problem I have it doesn't really bother but I just don't understand it. Now typically when my theater doesn't have a new movie to show they have what I call a "filler movie". This is when they have a movie that's just there to fill out scheduling until they get a new film even if it was released a month or two ago. For instance when Logan was coming out they had A Dog's Purpose showing but here's the thing it was March A Dog's Purpose came out in January. Why don't they just keep showing The Lego Batman Movie then give us Kong: Skull Island? Now a more recent example was with yet again Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 today they will be showing Guardians and Going in Style a movie that was released in April. Why don't they keep showing The Circle until Alien: Covenant comes out? It's also annoys me because if I want to review a film like Power Rangers(2017) they won't have but then somewhere in July they'll have but I wanted to review the movie on it's release date not when it's close to it's DVD/Blu-ray release date.



Those are my problems with the theater I go to like I said I love it but that doesn't mean I have to love everything about it. Anyhow I just wanted to write this down just to get it off my chest. By the way I'll be returning to the Road to Justice League with a review for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. That will be up on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment