Thursday, January 25, 2018

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Review


Related image


Batman: Gotham by Gaslight is an animated superhero film based on the first DC Esleworlds comic of the same name. The movie is the thirtieth film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series and the third DC animated film to be Rated R. Gotham by Gaslight is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The movie is written by James Krieg and directed Sam Liu.


The story takes place in the Victorian era. During this time a man going by the name of Jack the Ripper is killing women in Gotham. Also Bruce Wayne has returned and has become the Batman. With he's new persona Bruce must stop Jack's killing spree before more women are murdered.




  • Negatives

My only complaint is the ending. After Batman and Jack the Ripper are done fighting the movie just kind of stops. We don't get to know what happens afterwards.


  • Mix

I've got nothing to say. So let's move on.


  • Positives

One of my favorite things about Gotham by Gaslight is the action. We get a lot of good fight scenes. My favorite one is the final showdown between Batman and Jack the Ripper. I won't give it away it's best if you watch for yourself.


Another thing to love is the voice performances. Especially from Bruce Greenwood and Jennifer Carpenter. I already loved Greenwood as Batman and after the movie was over I hope to hear Jennifer do more voice work for DC.


The movie did in change some things from the graphic novel but I don't think it's anything about get bent out of shape about. One of the things the filmmakers changed was who the killer is. At first I wasn't a fan but when you rewatch the film it makes sense.


Now on to the animation. For what it's worth it is good animation especially for direct-to-video standards. Not one scene had me think that looked awful or could have been done better.



Batman: Gotham by Gaslight had a lot riding on it to be a success and I got a say this may be one of my top favorite DC animated movies. The action is awesome, the voice actors did a good job being their respected characters, the animation is nice, and the changes can be easily brushed off. The only thing I wasn't a fan of is how it ended.


My final rating is Great


Well I had a better time with this movie than I thought I would. But I'm not done with Esleworld just yet. Because on February 1st I'll countdown eight Esleworld stories I hope DC turns into movies.


State of The Project (Dec 28th - Jan 29th)


Dec 28th - Thank You and Have a Happy New Year


Jan 1st - There's Going To Be Some Changes & New Segments


Jan 4th - Raiders of The Lost Media - Firelight (The Lost Steven Spielberg Film)


Jan 15th - Is It True? - Calvin and Hobbes Started Fight Club


Jan 18th - Classic Film Night - Inception Review


Jan 25th - Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Review


Jan 29th - Critics, Journalist, & Bloggers Leave Zack Snyder Alone



NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU.

1 comment:

  1. hulu blacklist - Nice show that shows Bruce Wayne's childhood. We find all the Batman characters there long before Batman appeared. This series is a real success with a universe in which we find the same code, the same dark leg and colorful characters. A true prelude to what will happen later, the screenplay depicts, through rather well-edited stories, the different characters who cross paths and on whom we already recognize potential psychopaths. The script doesn't always hold water but it remains a pleasant moment of entertainment for Batman fans.
    See more:
    fantastic beasts and where to find them megashare9
    super troopers 2 torrent
    the space between us putlockers
    planet earth 2 putlockers

    ReplyDelete