Saturday, January 8, 2022

The 355 Review

 


The 355 is an action spy film. The movie is produced by Perfect World Pictures, Freckle Films, Genre Films, and FilmNation Entertainment and distributed by Universal Pictures. The 355 is written by Simon Kinberg and Theresa Rebeck and directed by Simon Kinberg.





The story is a top secret weapon has been stolen and the people responsible are planning to use it for sinister means. Now five agents from different parts of the world must team-up, and find out who stole the weapon. This is going to be more difficult than they thought, because someone is tracking their every move.











Initial Reaction

My main reason for wanting to see this was because of Simon Kinberg. He was many of the people who helped make the X-Men films, and with Dark Phoenix being the last one I was curious what he was going to do next. So when I heard about this film, I was very curious and wanted to check it out.








Cons

Now I didn't find the movie all that bad but, I've gotta admit it's forgettable. Sure I still remember what happened, but as the days go by I will most likely wind up forgetting this.









Middle Ground

One decent about The 355 that's alright is Simon Kinberg's directing. He does do a good job with the camera, and shows some okay action. But what there at times when he let the camera shake, and I think he was also trying to be experimental. Cause there was this one scene where Mace meets with her friend and boyfriend, and for whatever reason Kinberg had the camera try to do almost a stylized spinning. Really didn't feel like the scene for that camera trick. Then we have the action. Overall I thought it was fine. It was a little bit entertained. Nothing that really blew me away, but still alright.








Pros

If there's one redeeming quality about the film it's the cast. Despite the material only being decent at best, they still managed to give some good performances.









Overall The 355 is decent. I really think the more professional critics might being a little too harsh on this. Although I do agree it's forgettable. Kinberg's directing and the action are okay. The good thing about the movie is the cast.








My final rating is Okay.









So that's all for me. Come back on Monday, Dec 10th for my review of The Tender Bar. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment