Monday, July 25, 2022

A Look Back at Harley Quinn - Season 2

 


Season three is right around the corner, so it's time to look back at season two.





Harley Quinn is an adult animated comic book web show based on the DC Comics' character of the same name. The show is produced by Ehsugadee Productions, Yes, Norman Productions, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by DC Universe. The show was developed by Patrick Schumacker, Justin Halpern, and Dean Lorey.





The story is after the events of season one, Gotham has seen some better days. Because of that earthquake, the biggest and baddest villains of divided the city into their own personal sections. Harley tries to reason with them by asking for more of share, only for that to completely backfire. Now she wants revenge.








  • Negatives

My only real complaint was really the season finale. Because now and if you saw the trailer for season three, then you know what's gonna happen between Harley and Ivy. I get they probably wanted to add more drama for the upcoming season, but at the same time they could've gotten there, without Ivy having to break up with Kite Man, and run off with Harley. Because now it's seems kinda pointless for them to be a villainous couple, if all the writers are gonna do is have a conflict between them.







  • Mix

I've got nothing to say. Just move on.








  • Positives

Now even if everything joke didn't land perfectly, I still found myself laughing for a huge majority of the jokes that were made. My favorite being after a huge battle with Harley and her army, Jim is proud of his victory, despite it being a complete sh*tshow.



Once again the animation is done perfectly well. The animators did a fantastic job. Whether it be for a scene that's dramatic, comedic, violent, or all of those wrapped up in one. The animation is great.



Much like the first season, the cast is absolutely wonderful. They not only sound like they're having a great time with their characters, but they continue to wonderful chemistry with each other.









Harley Quinn - Season 2 is still pretty entertaining. Everything that worked in the first season, also works here as well. Although I don't really agree with the season finale, because when we get to season three it seemed pointless because we saw in that trailer, that things probably aren't gonna go well for Harley and Poison Ivy.








My final rating is Good.








So that's my review. Sorry if this wasn't in depth as I could've made it. But time wasn't really on my side, so I had to get something out quick. Anyhow, come back on Thursday, Jul 28th for my review of Green Lantern: Beware My Power. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment