Thursday, November 10, 2022

Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm Review

 


Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm is a direct-to-video adult animated black comedy film, based on the Adult Swim show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The movie also serves as a stand-alone sequel to Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters. It's produced by Williams Street and Adult Swim and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm is once again written and directed by Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis.





The story is the Aqua Teen Hunger Force had a falling out, and have split up. While each of them were doing their own thing, they soon learn of Neil and his mega corporation Amazin. They soon discover he's business is lie. Now they must reunite, and put a stop to him or the world will be conquered.








Initial Reaction

The reason why I was looking forward to this was because I'm a fan of the Aqua Teens. I remember being a little kid, waiting for my parents to go to sleep, just so I could watch the show. Yeah, I might have been very very very young when the show aired, but that's besides the point. I loved show, so I was excited to know we'd be getting a brand new movie.








Cons

I've got nothing. Just move along.








Middle Ground

The only gray area I can think of comes from the pacing. It's not too bad, but there were quite a few times when things felt a tad bit slow in some scenes.








Pros

One pro comes from the animation. This is by far the best quality animation for Aqua Teen you'll ever see. Sure, I have heard some people have a slight issue with that, cause they kinda wanted something closer to the show's animation. I can understand that, but at the same time, when you make a movie for a show that has a big fan base such as this one, you might as well give it some really good animation. What I also liked was the story. Yes it's entertaining, but it's a story with a true ending. Cause even though I enjoyed the 2007 film and it's story, my slight issue came from one storyline didn't get a definitive ending. Thankfully that wasn't the case with this one. Another thing the movie's got going for it, is the humor. While they're were a few jokes that didn't work, for the most I had a pretty good laugh. I actually feel as though the better jokes will outweigh the bad ones. The last thing I'll give the film credit for is the voice work. Not in the case the actors did a good job voicing the characters, but with their chemistry. The show ended in 2015, and yet, after all these years the actors still have the same exact chemistry just like they did when the show was on the air.








While the pacing could've used some work, Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm is still pretty good. It's got good animation, the story's better this time around, the humor (for the most part) works, and the voice acting is great.








My final rating is Good.








That's all for me. Come back on Saturday, Nov 10th, for my review of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment