Saturday, April 1, 2023

Tetris Review

 


Tetris is a biographical drama movie produced by Apple Original Films, Marv Studios, and AI Film and distributed by Apple TV+. Tetris is written by Noah Pink and directed by Jon S. Baird.





The story is businessman Henk Rogers has discovered a game called Tetris during a showing. He soon finds out the game has no real copyright owners for home consoles, arcades, or handhelds. Wanting to release the wonderful game to the world, Henk must fight against not only other businessmen, but also the Soviet Union.








Initial Reaction

The reason why I wanted to see this was because, I remember watching History Channel's The Toys That Built America and give a more shorter version of this story. So when I saw the trailer for this, I was excited to a more fleshed out version, even if this version is Hollywoodized.







Cons

I don't have anything negative to say, just keep on scrolling.







Middle Ground

Now, Jon S. Baird did a fine job directing this, it's very nice looking movie, however, there are times when the movie becomes pixelated much like an old school video game. While I did like that stylistic choose, there were times when it just didn't feel necessary.







Pros

One thing you'll like about the film is the pacing. I was shocked how quickly this flew by. Because of how grand the story is, I was expecting it to be longer, ya know, to really milk out the story, but we thankfully didn't get that. We got plenty of story along with a perfect pacing. While the movie does contain bits of humor, this is still very much a serious movie. But these two things never clash. They're balanced and best yet, it never felt like we've entered an entirely different movie. The last thing I'll praise is the story. This was way more thrilling than I'd thought it'd be. Really wasn't expecting a simple, yet fun and totally addictive game and its copyright to involve the freakin' Soviet Union! Sure, somethings are most likely Hollywoodized, but that still doesn't change the fact we have this truly amazing story with essential underdogs who just wanted others whether they be American, Russian, Japanese, or etc. to enjoy this game much like they did when playing either a bootleg or the real deal.







As of this moment, Tetris is the biggest surprise movie of this year. I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was. I really liked this and I think you should give it a shot.








My final rating is, Great.







That's for now. Come back on Monday, Apr 3rd, for my review of the live-action version of Mario bros. with 1993's Super Mario Bros. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment