Monday, July 31, 2023

Looking Back at the Films of 2022 Part 3 - DC League of Super-Pets

 


Here we go again, it's time to look back at what 2022 brought us, film wise that is.










Why Didn't I See DC League of Super-Pets?

Now there was I time when I wanted to see this movie, because you all probably know I'm a DC fan. But when I saw more and more footage from marketing and such, I just lost interest. So with that interest lost, I decided to save it for this segment.





What is DC League of Super-Pets?

DC League of Super-Pets (or just simply League of Super-Pets) is a comic book comedy movie based on the DC Comics team, Legion of Super-Pets. It was produced by Warner Animation Group, DC Entertainment, and Seven Bucks Productions and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. DC League of Super-Pets was written by Jared Stern and John Whittington and directed by Jared Stern.



The story is ever since they were little, Krypto and Superman have been best pals, and continued being such all the way to adulthood. But when Superman is getting closer to Lois Lane, Krypto feels as though he'll be left out. Things get more complicated when a super-powered, villainous guinea pig named Lulu appears, captures the entire Justice League, and plans for world domination. Now, Krypto must team up with other powerful animals, put a stop to Lulu, and figure out if he's ready to let someone else be in Superman's life.





My Thoughts


The Good: One of the two good aspects of League of Super-Pets is the voice performances. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was very entertaining and hilarious, and I actually liked how Kevin Hart was given more serious material to work, while at the same time still being very funny. Another thing that was handled nicely was the comedy. Now yes, there were times when a joke just didn't work but, I found myself laughing more than being silent.





The Bad: I've got nothing.





The Okay: One mix bag was the art style. I completely understand they were going for more cartoony style than a realistic take, but some of the designs just weren't good. Both Superman and Batman looked good, Wonder Woman also looked nice, though they could've toned it down with the gold. Then you have Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) who has that stupid, overused half shaved hairstyle. Flash's suit looks like he's wearing footie pajamas, and so on and so forth. Now there's no denying the story has some predictable moments, however, I think you can probably forgive that because the movie still has lot of good entertainment in it.




Final Verdict: Good.










Well, that's going to do it for today. Come back on Saturday, Aug 3rd, for my review of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment