Monday, July 24, 2023

Road to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Review

 


Well folks, it's finally here. The last part of the road to Mutant Mayhem.





Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is a comic book movie and the sequel to the 2014 movie. It was produced by Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Movies, Platinum Dunes, Gama Entertainment, Mednick Productions, and Smithrowe Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows was written by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec and directed by Dave Green.





The story is it's been one year after the events of the last movie, and the Turtles believe the Shredder is going to prison. However, that wasn't the case. The convoy that was taken Shredder was attacked and he broke out, but soon meets a new ally by the name of Krang, and both agree to work together. Now, the Turtles must gear up and put a stop to whatever the Shredder and Krang are planning.








  • Negatives

I've got nothing.








  • Mix

There are two gray areas here, and one of those is the humor. Yes, the first movie's wasn't anything spectacular, but at least for the most part I had a good time. Here, there are some pretty good moments, but for some bits I was dead silent.



The other stems from character. There's actually a pretty good story regarding the Turtles and how they feel about who they are, and when something comes along to help them, this big decision does make them argue amongst themselves. However I do feel as though that story did get wrapped up rather quickly. Then there's our villains, Shredder and such were decent enough. But I felt as though Krang didn't get enough attention. He shows up during the first act, and doesn't reappear until the movie's reaching the end. I understand the writers probably didn't want to put too much in, but maybe they could've sprinkle him around every now and then. Ya know, like he pops up wanting updates.








  • Positives

One pro that Out of the Shadows has is the action. Those were some really good scenes, and were very fun. The best one being how we go from a fight on a plane, to later fighting in a Brazilian river. I absolutely loved that part.


The last thing I'll give credit to is Dave Green's directing. While I didn't hate Jonathan Liebesman's directing, I thought he did a decent job but, I couldn't argue against the common criticism of how he was trying to copy Michael Bay, who was a producer for both of these movies. Here, it's very clear Green isn't trying to copy Bay. Sure, I don't feel as though his style is gonna set the world on fire, but I would much rather something standard, then someone trying to emulate someone else.








Overall, much like the previous movie, I thought this was pretty decent. I truly do believe the reboot duology doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets. I mean come on folks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III...I don't think I need to say anything else.








My final rating is, Okay.








Alright, that's all for now. Come back on Thursday, Jul 27th, for my review of the newest DC animated movie, Justice League: Warworld. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment