Monday, September 14, 2026

Fan Film Mondays - Logan the Wolf Review

 


Alright! Another edition of my newest segment. Let's see what today's fan film has in store.





Logan the Wolf is a 2024 fan film that's based on the fan favorite Marvel Comics' character of Wolverine. The short film was directed by Godefroy Ryckewaert who also wrote the story with Maxime Ecoiffier (who also plays Logan). They uploaded the short on YouTube.





The story is, Logan has a bounty placed on his head. A group of hunters have found him and Logan at first keeps the beast inside but once that's no longer an option, he'll unleash a fury upon these hunters. One they've never seen before.








  • Negatives

I've got nothing.








  • Mix

I'm gonna be fully honest. It's the story. It's very basic and thin. Here's how it goes. Bounty hunters are looking and find Logan, Logan gives them a warning, they don't listen, and then they fight fight fight. That's basically the movie. But I don't think it's a bad thing. They made this in only five days. So I imagine this was just a fun little project that a group of friends made just because they thought it'd be fun to do. And guess what? It is indeed fun. We get to see an alternate version of Wolverine (in this case a Viking version) just mess people up. So if anything this is a popcorn flick and it's one that delivers.








  • Positives

One praise I'll give is the concept. It's simple but a very enjoyable simple. It's Wolverine but as a viking. That's just badass. But what made this premise so entertaining was there was a clear as day passion when making this. The directing and action should half of that passion, but so did the costumes and cinematography. Everything from wolf motifs to pelts to the forest setting and makeup show Ryckewaert and his crew put in the work.



The last thing I'll is the action. The action is awesome! Whether it's swords and axes clashing or Wolverine's claws tearing people up it's a thrill to watch. The main fight between Logan and the bounty hunters is fantastic bloody brawl that's right up there with the bloody intensity of official Wolverine films such as Logan and Deadpool & Wolverine.








While storytelling is pretty basic I still say you should give this watch. It's a blast. And it's very short too. It only 11 minutes long and it goes by quickly. And I strongly recommend you watch the full 11 minutes because there's some surprises at the end.








My final rating is, Good.









That's all for now. If you want to watch this then click here. Due come back on Thursday, Sept 17th, where I'll review The Transformers: The Movie. All in celebration of the movie's 40th anniversary. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment