Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Review


The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)


The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is a computer-animated science fiction comedy film as well as the sequel to the 2014 hit The Lego Movie. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is the fourth film in the Lego film series following 2017's The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie. The film is produced by Warner Animation Group, Animal Logic, Vertigo Entertainment, and Rideback and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is written by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and directed by Mike Mitchell.



The story is it's been five years since the events of the first movie. During this time things are not the best. Life is way tougher than it was before the events of Taco Tuesday. One day an alien invader named General Mayhem comes to Earth and kidnaps Emmet's girlfriend Lucy along with his closest friends. Now Emmet must travel the stars with his new partner Rex Dangervest to save Lucy, his friends, Bricksburg, and the Lego universe.






Initial Reaction



Now I loved the first Lego movie. It was a surprisingly charming movie in what everyone thought was going to be a cash grab. So to finally see a trailer to a long anticipated sequel got me fully invested. But as I usual do I try to think that maybe there could be a chance that the sequel will be bad. However that still didn't detract me for looking forward to this movie.





Cons



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Middle Ground




I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Pros




One thing I wasn't expecting from The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is that it's a musical. It was quite a surprise. A surprise I liked. The songs are very much fun to listen to. My favorites were "Catchy Song" (obviously) and "Not Evil". Another thing to enjoy from the film is a twist. I'm not going to give it away but yeah it was very amusing. Now I liked the animation to the first movie but this time around I loved it. Mainly because the animators put some more details into the character's designs. If you look closely you can see the paint coming off of the character's clothes. Quite fitting considering the movie is set five years later both in the LEGO universe and the film's real world. Throughout the movie we see Emmet struggle with the world around. Only this time instead of him having to combat the norm he has to be a part of it. As in his friends want him to be more tougher and gritty even though he just wants to see the bright side of things even when times are dark. What I like about it is as I said he had to fight against a certain rule now he must become part of it. It really helped his character develop. The final thing I'll give the movie credit for is it's humor. Once again we have another funny LEGO that will have you laughing from the beginning to the end.








The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is definitely a good sequel and is just as entertaining as the first film. The musical numbers are fun, the animation is still amazing if not better than the first, Emmet's story arc adds another lair to his character, and the movie has get jokes.





My final rating is A Must Watch







Okay I'm done for this week. Come back next time Monday, February 11th for the conclusion of the Road to How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World with my review of How To Train Your Dragon 2.

1 comment: