Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Boss Baby: Family Business Review

 

The Boss Baby: Family Business (or The Boss Baby 2 in some other territories) is a 3-D animated comedy film and the sequel to 2017's The Boss Baby. The movie is produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. The Boss Baby: Family Business is written by Michael McCullers and directed by Tom McGrath.





The story is brothers Tim and Ted are now adults but sadly they've grown apart, after getting together and arguing (yet again) the men soon meet the new boss baby, Tim's youngest daughter Tina. She needs them back in action because there's something wrong with her older sister's school, now Tim and Ted must not only put their differences aside, but also need to re-discover what makes a family.










Initial Reaction


Really the only reason I was going to see this movie was because I kinda did like the first one. It was by no means a masterpiece but it was still fun. However, with this one I wasn't full blown excited. Mainly cause the marketing just wasn't doing it for me, it also doesn't help that the poster I'm using was the official theatrical release poster....I don't know who approved of that but please...get help.









Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









Middle Ground


The only mix bag I had with the film is the pacing. Sure it nice to have a movie that goes by fast, but there were some scenes I wish they just stuck onto a bit more. Like there were some good emotional moments but then you get straight into a different scene that's a lot more lighthearted, so while you still somewhat get an emotional response it's only for a short period of time.









Pros


One thing I want to give the movie credit for is the animation. This time around it felt more energetic and lively. And there was a lot of creative of stuff done with visually, I would like to tell you what, but I don't do spoilers, so you're gonna have to watch it for yourself. Another thing that was good about The Boss Baby: Family Business was the humor. During my review for the first one, I mentioned that there was jokes that adults will get and jokes only kids will laugh at. So I really didn't get that vibe that there was an even balance between the two, these time around I felt more of that balance. And because so I think people might enjoy the humor in this one a lot more than the previous movie. What also the villain, what I think many people will like about him is how expressive he is. The guy is also in constant motion and never feels like he slows down. The last thing I'll give the film credit for is the voice acting. Alec Baldwin was amazing as the Boss Baby yet again, but the praise I also want to give goes to Amy Sedaris as Tina Templeton. She was amazing has this character and I just couldn't get enough of her.









The Boss Baby: Family Business actually feels a lot better that it's predecessor. The animation is an upgrade, I liked the humor a lot more this time around, the villain was fun, and the voice acting was great (especially from Amy Sedaris). My slight issue comes from how sometimes the movie really could've slowed down for some scenes.









My final rating is Good.








Well, that's going to do it for me. Come back on Saturday, Jul 10th for my review for the newest Marvel Studios' movie, Black Widow. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment