Monday, November 13, 2023

The Killer Review

 


The Killer is a action thriller film, based on the French graphic novel series of the same name. It's produced by Netflix Studios, Plan B Entertainment, Boom! Studios, and Panic Pictures and distributed by Netflix. The Killer is written by Andrew Kevin Walker and directed by David Fincher.





The story is an assassin has been hired to kill a man in Paris. When the hit goes wrong, the assassin soon finds himself as a target. Now, he plans on taking care of this problem and hopes he follows sticking to the plan, anticipate, don't improvise, and trust no one.








Initial Reaction

I had a very simple reason for wanting to see this, it's a David Fincher movie. David Fincher is one of my top directors in a long list of directors. So when I heard we were finally getting a new movie from him, after waiting so long with Mank, I was excited.








Cons

I've got nothing. Just move on.








Middle Ground

The only slight issue is the story. Now don't get me wrong, it's still a very entertaining story. I was hooked from beginning to end, but, it doesn't break any new ground. If any it can be viewed as pretty standard. But as I said before, it's still entertaining overall.








Pros

One of praise I'll give is the pacing. Sure, some bits might have been slow, but I can easily forgive those because for the most part, it's pretty good. Then there's Michael Fassbender's performance. Whether it's through narration, body language, facial expression, or speaking, Fassbender gives a great performance. He was spectacular. Even if you didn't like the movie, you can't deny that Michael Fassbender was amazing. The last thing I'll praise is David Fincher's directing. There's no doubt that Fincher has an eye for style, and his visuals look beautiful, and it's no different here. Even if the story wasn't the best, Fincher's style was eye catching.








While I don't think this is David Fincher's strongest movie out of his filmography, I can't deny that I still liked it.








My final rating is, Good.








That's gonna do it for me. Come back on Thursday, Nov 16th, for my review of the final season of Doom Patrol. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment