Saturday, December 9, 2023

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Christmas: Cabin Fever Review

 


Diary of a Wimpy Kid Christmas: Cabin Fever is an animated Christmas comedy movie. It's the seventh overall installment in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid film franchise, but the third animated feature. It's also the adaptation of the 2011 book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever. It's produced by Bardel Entertainment, Titmouse, Twentieth Century Animation, and Walt Disney Pictures and distributed by Disney+. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Christmas: Cabin Fever is written by Jeff Kinney and directed by Luke Cormican.





The story is it's Christmas time, and Greg is gonna do everything he can to be a good kid. But like everything else in his life, things take an unexpected turn with a giant snowball, which in return makes Greg think he's a wanted criminal. Then just to make matters more complicated, both him and his family are stuck inside their house during a massive snowstorm.








Initial Reaction

Honestly, I'm doing this because since 2021, reviewing these movies has pretty much become a holiday season tradition for this blog. So why stop now? 😆








Cons

I've got nothing. Just move on.








Middle Ground

Once again, I'm getting it brief with the animation. While I still found it serviceable, there were quite a few nice looking shots this time around. Nothing that's gonna make your jaw drop, but still not bad. Then we have the story. Now yes, the overall message is the whole be kind to others and it's not about the gifts, but it's about giving. That should be seen as a major eye roll but, I didn't mind the message. Sure as the story progressed I knew where it was going, but I was more than willing to give it a pass, because the messages weren't so heavy handed and in your face about it.








Pros

One thing I'll give credit to is the voice work. With the first movie I felt like the actors and actress needed to put more emotion into their roles, then in the second movie I believed there was an improvement, now with this, I think the actors and actress have finally found comfort in their roles. Then there's the humor. With the first two movies, the jokes kinda worked. There were times I just didn't laugh, but the humor was okay. With this movie, I laughed lot more than previously.








While Diary of a Wimpy Kid Christmas: Cabin Fever is the so far the strongest of the three movies, it's still not something I think you should watch immediately.








My final rating is, Okay.








That's all for now. Come back on Thursday, Dec 14th, for my A Look Back at review of, Chicken Run. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment