Monday, January 23, 2017

xXx: Return of Xander Cage Review


xXx: Return of Xander Cage Poster


xXx: Return of Xander Cage is the third film in the xXx series the first being xXx in 2002 and then xXx: State of Union in 2005. The story is a weapon called Pandora's Box has been stolen by a dangerous group lead by a deadly fighter named Xiang(Donnie Yen). It's up to Xander and his team to retrieve it.



  • Negatives

One of the films problems is sometimes but not all the time it takes it self too seriously. We get some scenes meant for drama which would be fine but when you're films tagline is "Kick some ass, get the girl, and look dope while doing it" and you have a scene where Xander Cage(Vin Diesel) is on a dirt bike which can also ski on water should you really be taking seriously? I don't think so.



Another problem with this film is it overhypes Xander. When ever somebody sees Xander specially a character named Becky(Nina Dobrev) I'll get to her later. They all of a sudden are like "Oh my god Xander Cage dude you're like a legend!"



  • Mix

There's one character in this film I'm kind of in a grey area on and that's Becky. I don't hate her but at the same time I don't like. They try to make her the comic relief but sometimes some of the stuff they wrote for her doesn't work. So I guess she's fine but she will definitely not be one of the most memorable characters in this movie.



  • Positives


Despite me not liking some of the stuff with Becky the film does have some good humor to it. I loved that one scene where Xander has to get information from this one woman she let's all her sexy female employees have sex with him and at the end of that scene he says with a big smirk on his face "The things I to be a patriot". Yeah Xander sounds like a tough time to be you.



One thing this film does well is action. The action scenes are definitely worth seeing in this movie. One person who really deserves the credit is Donnie Yen. I mean it all the fight scenes he did in this are awesome.




xXx: Return of Xander Cage takes itself too seriously and overhypes it's main hero. Becky is fine but could have had more work put into her character. The humor in this film will make you laugh and the action is just amazing especially from Donnie Yen.



My final rating for this movie is Okay.



Stay tune cause my next review is The Lego Movie just something I thought I do to get hyped for the upcoming The Lego Batman Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment