Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Fate of the Furious Review

Image result for the fate of the furious poster

The Fate of the Furious(aka Fast & Furious 8) is an action film and it is the eighth entry in The Fast and The Furious franchise. It's produced by Original Films, One Race Films, and Perfect World Pictures and distributed by Universal Pictures. The movie is directed by F. Gary Gray and written by Chris Morgan.


The story is Dom (Vin Diesel) has betrayed the teammates he called a family for a woman named Cipher (Charlize Theron) a cyberterriost. Now Dom's team want to take him down all while trying to figure out what Cipher's plan is.








  • Negatives

One complaint I have is it's a let down when you find out why Dom is working along side Cipher. It's very predictable & clichéd.





Another problem I have with this movie is Roman's(Tyree Gibson) constant yelling it was so irritating. They made a joke about in the film but sorry that doesn't make it any less annoying.







  • Mix

One thing that's not bad but at the same time not very good is some jokes don't work or land their mark. I laughed a large majority of the film but yeah those jokes that weren't funny did leave a bad taste in my mouth.







  • Positives

What I loved the most about this movie was the action it was crazy! Something is either blowing up, getting ripped apart, someone fighting hand-to-hand with someone else, or cars are crashing into each other but at this rate that's what we expect from these movies insane over the top action.




Another thing I liked about The Fate of the Furious was the interaction between Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) seeing them talk shit to one another was just entertaining.




Now on to the performances everybody does a good job playing their characters but if theirs anybody who really deserves the big thumbs up is Charlize Theron as Cipher. She did a fantastic job playing this cold-hearted villain straight to the point where I wanted something bad to happen to her character.





The Fate of the Furious has two problems the reason why Dom's working for Cipher & Roman's yelling seriously if they ever make another movie don't make most of his dialogue be yelling. The movie's grey area is sometimes jokes work or they don't. All the action was spectacular, Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham have good chemistry, and the actors performances were well done mostly from Charlize Theron.






My final rating for this movie is Okay








So that was my review for The Fate of the Furious look forward to my look back at Guardians of the Galaxy I'll be reviewing that because we are finally getting a sequel to one of my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and to think it's only 20 days away.



Also quick reminder my schedule is I'll be posting on Mondays & Thursdays not every Monday and Thursday but I'll try my best also recent released movie reviews might be posted on they day of their release, Saturdays or maybe even Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment