Saturday, November 4, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok Review


Image result for thor ragnarok dolby poster


Thor: Ragnarok is a superhero film based on the Marvel Comics' character Thor. The movie is the sequel to Thor (2011) and Thor: The Dark World (2013) as well as the seventeenth film installment for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Thor: Ragnarok is written by Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, and Eric Pearson and directed by Taika Waititi.


The story is Thor has been defeated by the Goddess of Death herself Hela. Now he is imprisoned on another planet where he is forced to fight against he's former Avengers ally the Hulk. Thor must win this fight and build a team against Hela before all of Asgard is destroyed and prevent the rise of Ragnarok.




  • Negatives



My only complaint for Thor: Ragnarok is the post-credit scene. Just like Spider-Man: Homecoming it's pointless, unfunny, and you can just skip it. I don't get what Marvel Studios is doing with these post-credit scenes as of later. It's like their just there for one more laugh but at the end of the day it wasn't worth staying for.



  • Mix


You all probably heard how this is the funniest Marvel Cinematic Universe movie yet. Well while it does provide you with humor some of it either was hit or miss or just ruined a good moment. Now I'm not going to tell you about the hit or miss jokes although I will admit some of the stuff with the Hulk was cringey. But what I do want to tell you is the jokes that ruined good moments. One moment is the finale I won't give it away but what I will say is it's a jaw-dropping and shocking moment which was ruined when one of the characters (Korg) cracked a joke. It just really took away the sting from said moment.




  • Positives


One thing to praise the movie about is the action. The action scenes are just spectacular and I wanted more. Two of my favorites were the gladiator match between Hulk and Thor and when every Thor went full God mode. It was awesome.



If there's one thing I wished critics would talk about more than the fun or funny moments and that's the darker stuff. There was some pretty good dark moments in this movie that were worth talking about. To me one of the darkest moments were Thor and Hela's fight at Asgard, I won't tell you what happened exactly all I'll say is Thor gets a brutal injury and the other dark moment is Hela just slaughtering anybody that gets in her way.


Thor: Ragnarok has some pretty good visuals too. The one shot from the movie that's stuck in my head is the flashback to when Valkyrie fought Hela. My words to that scene doesn't give it any justice you have to see it for yourself.




Thor: Ragnarok won't be one of my favorite films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but I still enjoyed it. The action scenes get you excited, the dark moments will shock you, and there are some stunning visuals as well. If there's one thing the film could have worked on more it's the humor, and the only thing I hated about the movie was that post-credit scene.




My final rating is Okay



Before you read the State of The Project I just want to say one more thing. If your a fan of Thor and Ragnarok is your favorite story arc you'll hate this movie and alike some people I'm not going to blame you for that. But if your part of the general audience you'll get a good kick out of this movie.




State of The Project (Oct 23rd - Nov 9th)



Oct 23rd - A Look Back at Stranger Things - Season 1


Oct 26th - Cinematic Disasters - Troll 2


Oct 30th - Road to Justice League - Justice League Dark Review


Nov 2nd - No Cinematic Disasters This Month


Nov 4th - Thor: Ragnarok Review


Nov 6th - Thor: Ragnarok Easter Eggs & Things Changed from The Trailers


Nov 9th - Raiders of The Lost Media - Dumbo II




NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment