Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thoughts on The Venom Teaser Trailer & People's Reactions


Living The Nerd Life — Venom Trailer 2



  Hey everyone and welcome to a surprise post today. So originality I wasn't going to do this but with all of the recent buzz about the teaser trailer to Venom lately, I thought it would be a good idea to give my opinion on the teaser as well as rant on entitled fanboys reactions to it as well. So without further ado let's get into it.



The Teaser Trailer

Now before I give my review of the trailer I want you to watch it for yourself and take some time to think about it before you read my thoughts. So anyhow here you go.





Now I'm going to be completely honest with you guys. I actually like this. The reason being this is what a "teaser trailer" is suppose to be. It's suppose to draw you in, make you curious about the movie, and not give anything way. This is the point of a teaser trailer. Now would have I liked it if they gave us I sneak peak of Venom, yes of course I would but this movie doesn't come out until October. I can wait eight months until then.




Entitled Fans Reactions


So that was my opinion on the teaser and many other people's notion as well. However while that was going on the other side of the public was being kind of well like I said entitled. What I mean by that is they were acting like spoiled brats. All day I read things like



"We didn't get a single glimpse of Venom."



"How can Sony say this is a teaser trailer for Venom when we didn't even see him."



"If your teaser trailer doesn't have your title character maybe you shouldn't have shown it pushed this back."



"People need to stop using "it's just a teaser" for a defense. You know this film is going to suck so stop trying to defend it."



All day with this stuff. Now first like I said I would have loved to see Venom in the trailer but that couldn't happen for three reasons.


Reason #1. The studio finished filming two weeks ago there was no way they could have had the VFX effects done by the time the teaser was suppose to come out.



Reason #2. It's very possible maybe Sony is saving all of the good stuff like a decent CGI effect for Venom for this year's San Diego Comic-Con. That way by then they'll have stuff they won't be embarrassed to show.



Reason #3. They released it today to keep the film fresh in people's minds. It was a smart move because they have to stay relevant. It was also a good week to release on this day as suppose to next week when the only thing on the majorities mind would be Black Panther.



My other problem with this complaint is something like this has happened before. Your probably wondering for what and when. Simple really 2008's The Dark Knight. Don't believe me, while here's The Dark Knight's official teaser






Now as you just watched there was nothing. We got none of the characters and yet people thought this was awesome and brilliant. But now today what the film fandom is telling me if you don't give way the entire movie in a teaser trailer of all things. Your movie sucks and you have terrible marketing.



So anyways guys I just wanted to get this off my chest and tell you why I loved this teaser trailer so much. We may have to wait eight months for Venom but I'm definitely going to see this movie. Hopefully my theater shows it because I'm very interested on a movie focusing on supervillains instead of the superheroes. Next week there's going to be a new Is It True? and a Cinematic Disaster review of Date Movie.



State of The Project (Jan 15th - Feb 12th)


Jan 15th - Is It True? - Calvin and Hobbes Started Fight Club


Jan 18th - Classic Film Night - Inception Review


Jan 25th - Batman: Gotham by Gaslight Review


Jan 29th - Critics, Journalist, and Bloggers Leave Zack Snyder Alone


Feb 1st - The Top 8 Elseworlds Stories I Want To Be Movies


Feb 8th - Thoughts on The Venom Teaser Trailer & People's Reactions


Feb 12th - Is It True? - James Bond is a Codename



NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment