Monday, August 13, 2018

A Rant on The Childhood Ruined Hyperbole



Your childhood folks guess what? It can't be ruined, murdered, and/or raped. Hey everyone so I didn't think I would make this post but due to recent events involving a newest show coming out based on an old 80's cartoon, I figured why not just get it off your chest. So here is my rant of this overused, overrated, and stupid saying.







What It Means


Now If you want to skip this part I don't blame you. I'm just explaining it to do people who might not know what it means. Which is probably a small minority but I'll explain. What this statement means if anything or everything is changed from the source material you grew up with if it's changed in anyway people will say that their childhood was somehow destroyed even though that is physically impossible. The other meaning is it's a hilarious internet meme for people who have dirty minds (much like me).






Recent Usage

On May 18, Entertainment Weekly (ew.com) released a sneak peek of the newest Cartoon Network series Thundercats Roar set to debut in 2019. Now I didn't see the news on Entertainment I caught wind of it on Twitter, where that was a horrible way to discover this news because as expected people came out of the wood work to say that their "childhood is ruined". The main complaints being how they turned the show from an action adventure to a comedy and that the art is just copying another Cartoon Network show Steven Universe. They mainly think that second one mainly because of this GIF.


Image result for calarts style gif



Even thought that GIF wasn't meant to be taken seriously. The person (I have no idea you made it that's way I referred to them as that) just made it as a joke. Also this was dismissed since someone else made this picture.


Related image






Why I Hate This Statement





Now I hate this statement for one simply reason, the reason being is that there is no way your childhood can be ruined. I am so sick of anyone on the internet saying this. I have been hearing this hyperbole since 2007 when the first Transformers movie came out. Like I said before your childhood can't be ruined no matter how bad the adaption is. I have a friend named Brian who watches anime one those shows being the DragonBall franchise. Now he hates DragonBall: Evolution with a fiery passion but he would never say that the film ruined he's childhood. Why? Because he still has all the other stuff from that franchise that stayed true to the source material. So people please stop saying things have ruined your childhood whether it be a bad movie and/or bad show. Okay? You sound completely crazy when you say stuff like this and I've had enough of it.






Alright guys, that's going to do it for me. Like I said I just wanted to get this off my chest because it was driving me crazy. So if any of you are interested in the show like I said it comes out in 2019 and if your not then just skip over it and watch the original 1980's cartoon or watch the underrated 2011 version.




Also if you want to know more on this matter YouTuber "MarsReviews" made what I thought was a pretty good video related to all the backlash to Thundercats Roar.












State of The Project (Jul 26th - Aug 16th)




Jul 26th - The Death of Superman Review



Jul 30th - My Top 5 Problems with Today's Film Critics and The Film Fandom



Aug 2nd - Is It True? - Andy's Mom is Jessie's Owner



Aug 4th - Christopher Robin Review



Aug 11th - The Meg Review



Aug 13th - A Rant on The Childhood Ruined Hyperbole



Aug 16th - I've Cancelled My Aquaman Easter Eggs Post





NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment