Saturday, March 23, 2019

Us Review




Us is a psychological horror-thriller film produced by Monkeypaw Productions and distributed by Universal Pictures. The movie is written and directed by Jordan Peele.




The story is the Wilson's have taken their children to the beach house their mom grew up in when she was a child. Everything seems to be going smoothly for the family until their family vacation turns into a fight for survival. And just take make matters stranger than they already are they see that their attackers look exactly like them.







Initial Reaction



In all honesty while I was looking forward to the movie I wasn't too excited about it. It has nothing to do with the film it's self I just didn't think my theater was going to show it. All I thought I could do was enjoy the trailers and commercials. Then to my surprise I saw that my theater is having a showing for it and on the day of it's official release as suppose to a month later like they usual do with these original films. So I was fully hyped to see the movie like everybody else.








Cons



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Middle Ground



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Pros



One of the things I really dug about Us was the performances mostly from Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke. Let's start off with Lupita's performance. She's phenomenal. She had to play her evil doppelgänger Red. The reason why I found this amazing is simply due to how she changed her voice. Now what I liked about Winston's acting is in some scenes he has to play an murderous monster and then play the funny man. Speaking of funny.  The movie's got some good jokes in there. No it's not a full blown horror-comedy what I mean is that while there's jokes in the film it doesn't detract from the horror aspects of the flick. The other compliment I want to give Us is the horror parts. From the very beginning your going to be in for an intense movie. Another thing I liked about Peele's newest film is how things escalated. Cause by judging from the trailer you'd go in thinking this will be a home invasion film. Yes you do get that but you also get something more. The final thing I'll give Us credit for is the big twist. I'm not going to give it away because I don't give spoilers away for my recent film reviews. I'll just say it was perfect. Mainly because it was set up so well.






Us as of right now is the horror movie moviegoers need to see. Lupita & Winston's performances are spectacular, the humor is good but thankfully downplayed, the horror elements are executed well, the escalating events made the stakes of the movie even better, and the twist at the end is awesome.





My final rating is A Must Watch





Alright I'm done here. Come back on Monday, March 25th when I return to the Road to Dark Phoenix with my review of X-Men: The Last Stand. Until then go see Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment