Saturday, August 3, 2019

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Review




Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (known internationally as Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw or simply Hobbs & Shaw) is an action film and a spin-off from the Fast & Furious film series. The film is produced by Seven Bucks Productions and Chris Morgan Productions and distributed by Universal Pictures. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw is written by Chris Morgan and directed by David Leitch.




The story is a generically enhanced terrorist named Brixton Lore has gotten is hands of a deadly virus. Now DSS agent Luke Hobbs and former British Special Forces assassin turned mercenary Deckard Shaw are forced to team up and stop Brixton before he can use the virus.







Initial Reaction




Now when I first heard they were making spin-offs for Fast and Furious characters I wasn't all that excited about it. Then I heard it was going to be about Dwayne Johnson's character Hobbs and Jason Statham's character Shaw and I was interested. I mean the two played off each other very well in The Fate of the Furious. Also an added bonus being that David Leitch was going to direct and having seen John Wick and Deadpool 2 it was safe to say we're going to get awesome action scenes. Also it just looked like it was going to be a fun turn off your brain action flick.







Cons




I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground




The only thing that's a mix bag is the runtime. When watching the movie while I was entertained at the same time I was sitting there thinking the film was going on longer than it should have.








Pros




One of the best things about Hobbs & Shaw is Hobbs and Shaw. Just like they were in The Fate of The Furious Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham played off each other. All of the smack talk and more serious moments between them really made the movie worth watching from beginning to end. Now to talk about Idris Elba as Brixton, Idris really played this character well. Some people did think Brixton could be hammy at times and I can understand where they're coming from with that statement but I think the audience was more willing to forgive that because of Elba's performance. Now if you watched the trailers you can expect that there'll be moments of humor in this. And those trailers were being honest, there are a lot of funny moments. Very good usage might I add. The jokes had me, my dad (I was seeing this with him as part of what we jokingly call our "guys night out"), and the audience laughing. The final thing to love about Hobbs & Shaw is the action. Holy sh*t was the action just crazy. We get awesome chase scenes, fighting amongst Hobbs, Shaw, Brixton, and other characters, and a really exciting final act. David Leitch really brought it with the action sequence and for that I'm thankful for.








If you're looking for an action packed turn off your brain trill ride look no further than Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. Dwayne's Hobbs and Jason's Shaw once again we entertaining, Idris Elba played Brixton just right, the humor is funny and very much self aware, and most importantly the action is awesome. The only real grey area is while entertaining throughout you can't escape the fact the movie goes on for to long.








My final rating is Good








So yeah I had a whole lot of fun with Hobbs and Shaw, so that's all for me. Now I'm hoping by Saturday, August 10th I'll have a review for Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark. I mean my theater did have a coming soon poster but you knows. If that doesn't happen than I'm sorry but I'm hoping it does. But enough of my rambling go out and enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment