Saturday, May 19, 2018

Deadpool 2 Review





Deadpool 2 is a superhero film based on the Marvel Comics' character Deadpool. The film is the eleventh entry in the X-Men film series and the sequel to Deadpool (2016). The movie is produced by Marvel Entertainment, The Donners' Company, and Genre Films and distributed by 20th Century Fox. Deadpool 2 is written by Ryan Reynolds, Rhett Reese, and Paul Wernick and directed by David Leitch.



The story is Cable has come from the future to kill a young mutant child. Deadpool doesn't agree with this and plans to stop Cable from doing so. But the soldier from the future seems to be too much for him to handle so he forms the X-Force. Can Deadpool and his new team stop Cable or will he succeed in his mission?






Initial Reaction



As a fan of the first film I was definitely looking forward to the sequel when it was announced. But then my excitement turned to concern when the director of the first film Tim Miller dropped out. Then I heard that David Leitch was going to take over which had me more worried because I never heard of this guy but I was willing to give him a chance. Then the trailers came out and my worrying turned back into excitement.




Cons



My only complaint for this movie is with the young kid (played by Julian Dennison). He switches sides so many times. First he's bad then he's good then he's bad then he's good. It's like pick a side already!





Middle Ground



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.





Pros



One thing I really enjoyed about the film is this time around the writers humanize Deadpool. We get to understand Wade more than he's alter ego. Now when I reviewed the first Deadpool film, I mentioned how the CGI was not what it could be but this time it has definitely improved. Now since Deadpool is known for his humor, how does it hold up? Guys this movie is just as funny as the first if not better. Mainly because Deadpool went after not only the X-Men film series (as usual), but he also took shots at the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC. Which is great because that's the character. But probably the funniest moment was the mid-credit scenes. I won't give them away I'll just say stay for those scenes. Now the team X-Force do show up but it was so out of left field that it probably left the audience I saw it with in stitches. Another thing I liked about Deadpool 2 is Josh Brolin as Cable. He was a pure unadulterated badass in this and I look forward to seeing him play this character again if they make either a Deadpool 3 or X-Force movie. David Leitch brought us spectacular action sequences to this film. Probably my favorite one was the convoy chase scene. That was an absolute blast to watch.






Deadpool 2 is without a doubt the film you should watch. Humanizing Wade was a brilliant writing choice, the CG has improved, the humor is top notch, that unexpected X-Force scene was amazing, Josh Brolin played Cable to a perfect ten, and the action was awesome. The only problem was Julian Dennison's character constantly switching between being good or bad.




My final rating is Great





State of The Project (Apr 30th - May 24th)



Apr 30th - Avengers: Infinity War Easter Eggs



May 7th - Raiders of The Lost Media - 1000 Ways to Lie



May 10th - Looking at The Laughably Bad Jurassic Park Trilogy Blu-Rays



May 14th - Road to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Jurassic World Review



May 17th - A Look Back at Deadpool (2016)



May 19th - Deadpool 2 Review



May 24th - A Look Back at Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)




NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment