Saturday, November 16, 2019

Ford v Ferrari Review




Ford v Ferrari is a biographical drama film. The movie is produced by Chernin Entertainment, TSG Entertainment, and Turnpike Films and distributed by 20th Century Fox. Ford v Ferrari is written by Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, and Jason Keller and directed by James Mangold.





The story is automotive designer Carroll Shelby has been told by Henry Ford II to build a car that can beat a Ferrari. Carroll along with British race car driver Ken Miles and a team engineers and designers must build this car and win the upcoming 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans.





Initial Reaction


Now I was really excited to see this movie mainly because I absolutely loved James Mangold's Logan (2017). However my excitement would later go away not because I didn't think the movie was going to be any good it's because I didn't think my local theater would show it. That later changed when I found out they weren't going to show Doctor Sleep, then I got bummed out but found out they would show this movie. So my excitement came back and I was ready to see this film.








Cons



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground



Now while the movie does have a very quick pace despite it's runtime, there are scenes when this can drag just a little bit. Mainly during the more corrupt scenes but when all of those scenes are over the film goes right back to it's quick pace.








Pros



Now if you're going to see this movie expecting the companies of Ford and Ferrari going at it...don't. Because the film's real focus is on Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles. Which is by no means a bad because with the film being more character driven and not focusing on racing, the cars, and the two businesses you'll really get to know these two and by the end of the movie really come to like them. One thing I wasn't expecting from the movie is how relatable it was. I think we've all had those moments of fighting our inner demons, having a boss just run in and tell you how this should be done, and feelings of who am I. Like I said there are a lot of moments in Ford v Ferrari that are relatable. Another thing I liked about the movie was the humor. My favorite comedic moment was when Carroll and Ken fight while Ken's wife just calmly watches. Seriously that moment was hilarious. Now to discuss about one of two of the best things about the movie and that's the performances, Matt Damon and Christian Bale were just amazing in this movie. Especially Christian Bale, his performance was so good that you don't even see Christian Bale anymore you think your seeing Ken Miles. Hell even the supporting cast did an amazing job. Now for the other great aspect of Ford v Ferrari is the racing. Wow. Those racing sequences were very intense, so intense that it got to the point where I clinched my hand and was actually getting really into it.








Guys I strongly recommend seeing Ford v Ferrari. Yes there are a few moments when it drags but it makes up for it by having a great character driven story, relatability, humor, spectacular performances, and some nail biting racing scenes.








My final rating is Great








So yeah like I said give Ford v Ferrari a watch. But that's all for me, come back on Monday, Nov 18th because I'll have some news regarding my review for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker. Until then enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment