Monday, December 14, 2020

Wolfwalkers Review

 


Wolfwalkers is an animated fantasy adventure film. The movie is produced by Cartoon Saloon and Melusine Productions and distributed by AppleTV+. Wolfwalkers is written by Will Collins and directed by Tomm Moore and Ross Stewart.





The story is a young girl and her father have traveled to Ireland to wipe out the last wolf pack. While looking around the land outside of the city walls, the young girl befriends another young girl who is rumored to be part of a tribe that can transform into wolves. Now Robyn is drawn to a secret and the more she explores it the more she runs the risk and turning into the very thing both her and her father set out to destroy.











Initial Reaction


At first the only reason I was going to watch this was because it was part of AppleTV+, but then I heard from earlier reviews that it's quite an amazing movie. So with that being said I just sat around, reviewed a couple of other movies, and waited for the film to be released.







Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.





 


Pros


One of the greatest things about this movie is it's animation. I mean it when I say it's absolutely beautiful. When I witness the first fifteen minutes alone I knew I was gonna love this animation. Each frame of animation is it's own piece of art. Another fantastic thing about the film is the voice work. These actors especially the actress who voiced Robyn and Mebh were great. And really that's all you gotta say about their performances. What also made Wolfwalkers a must watch was the whole mythology around this world. It was very interesting and couldn't stop looking away/listening to how they would describe how a "Wolfwalker" works. The other thing that made the movie great was how fleshed out our characters were. The journey they went on really changed them. We see how different they are from the beginning of the film compared to who they became later on at the end. The last thing I'll give Wolfwalkers credit for is even though it does hit some familiar beats what really helped was the execution. Because even if you compare it to other animated movies you'll forgive it because the filmmakers did such a great job that by the end you won't really care about the familiarities.








Wolfwalkers is most definitely going to be one of my favorite animated movies of this year. It has beautiful animation, the voice acting was great, the lore of the Wolfwalker was interesting, our characters were perfectly developed, and even though things could get familiar that's not gonna make because the final product is very well done.








My final rating is A Must Watch








Okay that's going to do it for me. Come back on Thursday, Dec 17th for my Cinematic Disaster review of Christmas with the Kranks. Until then enjoy the rest of your day and I mean it when I say watch Wolfwalkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment