Saturday, May 15, 2021

Those Who Wish Me Dead Review

 


Those Who Wish Me Dead is a Neo-Western action survival thriller movie based on Michael Koryta's novel of the same name. The film is produced by New Line Cinema, Bron Studios, Film Rites, and Creative Wealth Media and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Those Who Wish Me Dead is written by Michael Koryta, Taylor Sheridan, and Charles Leavitt and directed by Taylor Sheridan.





The story is a young boy has witnessed the murder of his own father near a national forest. He soon flees from the murders and runs into a veteran smokejumper named Hannah Faber. In order to cover their tracks the men set the forest on fire, now Hannah and the young boy not only have to survive the blaze but also must outwit these ruthless killers.









Initial Reaction


My main reason for waiting to see this movie was because of Taylor Sheridan. He's brought us a lot of good movies. Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River. So I was really looking forward to this one.








Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground


The only mix bag with the film is we're really only giving surface level stuff about the story and characters. Now that's not really a bad thing cause it's much better than having nothing at all but, by the time it's over you just have this feeling of wanting more.








Pros


One of the best things about Those Who Wish Me Dead is the performances. Despite everything only being surface level the cast did a fantastic job. They gave the characters lots of personality and some of them you really do grow to like. Another thing I liked about it was how fast paced it was. I wasn't expecting this to be as quick as it was but, it was a welcomed surprise. What I also enjoyed was how intense things got. There was a scene where someone is being interrogated and one of the bad guys has a fire poker pointed to their head. To say that scene had me on the edge of my seat and had my heart racing would be an understatement. The last thing I'll give Those Who Wish Me Dead credit for is how gorgeous the whole movie looked. The small town looks like somewhere I'd like to live in, and the way the fire scenes were filmed looked both beautiful and something that's really terrifying.








Those Who Wish Me Dead is pretty good. It has great performances from the cast, a nice fast pace, very intense moments, and the overall look of the movie looks amazing. The only mix bag is while having a surface level story isn't bad who still want more.








My final rating is Good.








Okay, that's going to do it for me. Come back on Monday, May 17th for my review of Netflix's newest movie, The Woman in the Window. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment