Monday, March 20, 2023

Boston Strangler Review

 


Boston Strangler is a historical crime drama movie based on the true story of the infamous serial killer of the same name. It's produced by 20th Century Studios, Scott Free Productions, and LuckyChap Entertainment and distributed by Hulu. Boston Strangler is written and directed by Matt Ruskin.





The story is reporter Loretta McLaughlin becomes the first reporter to break the story of the serial killer known as, the Boston Strangler. What didn't know at the time was going down this path would come at some personal risk.








Initial Reaction

The main reason why I wanted to see this was because Ridley Scott produced it, and really that's it. I was very curious what Ridley saw that made him put money into this flick.









Cons

I've got nothing to say, so move on.








Middle Ground

Now while the movie does give us plenty of story regarding the women investigating the story, and the Boston Strangler himself. We still could've used more of that. Because the other half of the story is family drama. That could've worked, had it been better. Because what we got was pretty generic. So the writer/director really should've cut that stuff out, and give us more of the journalist side, while at the same time continue to give us more of a sense of fear with the Boston Strangler.








Pros

One thing I'll really liked about the movie was the pacing. It was really good. It wasn't too fast, and it wasn't too slow. If anything it was nicely balanced. Another thing I really enjoyed was the cinematography. Not only did it help build up the dark tone, but it also gave a vibe that would fit a David Fincher psychology thriller film. You could view that as a cheap imitation, but I thought it worked in the movie's favor. The last thing I'll give a positive feedback on is the acting. While I can understand why a lot of people probably didn't enjoy this, I still believe we can agree that the acting was really good. That part, along with the pacing and cinematography really brought the quality of the entire movie for me.








I don't believe The Boston Strangler is gonna set the world on fire like previous true crime stories such as Zodiac, but I still enjoyed it for the most part.








My final rating is, Good.







So that's going to do it for me. Come back on Monday, Mar 27th, for part three of the Road to Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, with my review of, Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment