Saturday, March 4, 2023

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre Review

 


Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre (or just Operation Fortune) is a spy action comedy movie, that's produced by Miramax, STXfilms, and Toff Guy Films and distributed by Lionsgate. Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre is written by Guy Ritchie, Ivan Atkinson, and Marn Davies and directed by Guy Ritchie.





The story is a device known as "The Handle" has been stolen. Now agent Nathan Jasmine has hired super-spy Orson Fourtune to lead a team to find the device before it's sold to the highest bidder.








Initial Reaction

I've got one simple reason for seeing this, and that being it's a Guy Ritchie movie, and I like a lot of his work. So after waiting for so long to see cause of delays, I was looking forward to finally watching this.








Cons

If there's anything I can think of that's a true negative, it's that there's really not anything separating this from other spy films. This did feel pretty generic.








Middle Ground

One mix feeling I had with the movie was the humor. While I did laugh at some bits, others not so much. So I think the movie had a good 50/50 when it came to comedy. Another gray area was this need a lot more Guy Ritchie to it. What I mean is while there is some of Guy Ritchie's usual trademarks, we could've used a lot more of his black comedy. Something like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or his more recent The Gentlemen.








Pros

If there's one positive to it's the action. Great shoot out scenes, and of course Jason Statham kicking all sorts of ass.








Overall while I wasn't fully disappointed in Operation Fortune, this is one Guy Ritchie movie you're probably not going be rewatching, or fondly remember.








My final rating is, Okay.








That's all for me. Come back on Saturday, Mar 11th, for my review of Scream VI. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment