Thursday, April 25, 2024

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two Review

 

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two is an animated comic book movie based on the comic book event storyline, Crisis on Infinite Earths. It also serves as the direct sequel to Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One and the ninth installment of the Tomorrowverse. It's produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two is written by James Krieg and directed by Jeff Wamester.





The story is, the Justice League along with other heroes across the multiverse are waiting for what's gonna happen next in the ongoing Crisis. Then get their answer when hideous shadow creatures appear and start attack, if that wasn't bad enough, frictions are happen within the teams. Will they come together or fall?








Initial Reaction

Having enjoyed the first part of this trilogy, naturally I would like to see what part two has in store.








Cons

I've got nothing.







Middle Ground

One of two mix bags was the pacing. While some parts of the movie do have some good pacing, there were times when things just felt slow. Then there's the story. Where Part One focused on The Flash, Part Two is about the characters of Supergirl and Psycho Pirate. Now I wouldn't have a slight problem with that if their origin stories didn't take up so much of the runtime. Sure we still do get plenty of Crisis, but it almost felt like we were going to head into Justice League: Warworld territory, where we barely get the main event. Again, thankfully that didn't happen, but Part Two really should've been like Part One, you can still focus on the primary character, but still evenly give us the Crisis.








Pros

One pro is the animation. While it's not my favorite style in the DC animated movie library, it's still pretty good. The last thing I'll touch on is the voice acting. While I still enjoyed the other cast members, I especially liked Geoffrey Arend as Psycho Pirate. He gave the character a very unsettling voice and it was awesome. It's a great villain voice.








While I very much enjoyed Part One, as for Part Two while I didn't hate it, I definitely don't see myself rewatching this anytime soon.








My final rating is, Okay.







Hopefully Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Three is much better. I mean it's gotta be, it's the grand finale. That's all for now. Come back on Saturday, Apr 27th, for my review of the Knuckles miniseries. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment