Saturday, April 20, 2024

Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver Review

 


Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver is a space opera war film and the direct sequel to Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child of Fire. It's produced by The Stone Quarry and Grand Electric and distributed by Netflix. Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver is written by Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad, and Shay Hatten and directed by Zack Snyder.





The story is, Kora and the rest of the surviving warriors prepare to take their final stand against The Imperium. It'll be an intense battle for freedom, and one can only hope Kora and her alliances will win.







Initial Reaction

My reasons are simple. It's the sequel, and that's all you need to know.








Cons

I've got nothing.








Middle Ground

Two gray areas. One being the same issue as the first movie, that being you know things were cut out for the sake of a PG-13 rating. There were a couple of deaths that I know for a fact were way more violent than what this movie was presenting. But once again despite that it isn't too bad, noticeable but nothing that'll infuriated you. Now this probably does tie in with the editing, but let's treat like it's own thing, but the pacing. There were times when things moved smoothly, no complaints at all. However there were times when scenes did feel a little slow. Thankfully not snail's pace slow, but still slow.








Pros

One thing I'll give credit to is the character development. Now I didn't mind what we got in Part One: A Child of Fire, I thought the character was pretty good. But here, they are very developed. We get to know more of their backstories and such. And because I got to know more about them, I actually sad when one of the two died. Seriously that was a bummer. I'll keep the last three praises short, because it'll feel like I'm repeating myself for my review of Part One. First off, Tom Holkenborg's score. He once again killed it for the movie. My favorite was The Land We Breath. It's a truly beautiful song that was playing during the harvesting scene, and I couldn't get enough of it. Then there's the man himself, Zack Snyder. More specifically he's directing. Knocked it right out of the park, yet again. He's visual style just continues to impress, and don't see him losing his touch anytime soon. Which brings me to my last praise, the action. While I'm curious what Snyder can pull off in a less explosive atmosphere, there's no doubt he can bring the action. I especially loved the big war in the village. It was dirty, gritty, and above all else, awesome. Oh and if any love Jimmy (the big robot for any of you that didn't see the movie), he gets a badass action that really made me root for him.








While there are issues, I still want to know what version of the movie some of these naysayers saw? Cause the one I saw, even with its flaws, was still pretty awesome.








My final rating is, Good.








That's all for now. Come back on Thursday, Apr 25th, for my review of DC's newest animated movie, Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment