Alright! It's a brand new Fan Film Mondays! This time around we enter the world of Terminator.
Skynet is a 2021 fan film based on the Terminator franchise. It was produced by Blinky Productions and was written and directed by Chris R. Notarile.
The story is, it's been 55 years after Judgment Day...and humanity has lost. Now the last man on Earth will come face to face with the program that drove mankind towards extinction - Skynet.
- Negatives
I've got nothing.
- Mix
Now let's get something obvious out of the way, that's the look of the film. It's obvious Notarile was working with a budget, but despite the size of said budget it still doesn't look too bad. It's far better than anything I could do.
Then there's the acting. Michael Edwards (who played the original adult John Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day) is okay. He is giving out a tired soldier vibe but he's not exactly gonna blow people away. Then there's Laura Van Yck as Skynet. Like Edwards she's fine (although I imagine it's not very difficult to play an emotional less machine), but much like Edwards I don't see her shocking anybody with her acting.
- Positives
My one positive I'll give is the story. Seeing John and Skynet finally come face to face and discuss their next move to each other was not only fun to watch, but it's also a fantastic story idea that I think mainstream Hollywood should take influence from if we ever get another Terminator movie.
So yeah, this time the fan film wasn't all that great, but it wasn't bad either. It was just alright.
My final rating is, Okay.
Well that's all for now. Come back on Thursday, Aug 13th, for a new Classic Film Night review. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.
Oh and I almost forgot, if you're by any chance curious about Chris' other fan films or his more original work then click here. I remember watching his stuff all the way back in 2005 (back when YouTube was fun) with his fan films of The Nightmare Ends on Halloween, Friday the 31st: Michael vs. Jason, and his two Power Girl fan films. Hard to believe his YouTube channel is still active after twenty years.

No comments:
Post a Comment