Saturday, April 7, 2018

A Quiet Place Review





A Quiet Place is a horror film produced by Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes and distributed by Paramount Pictures. A Quiet Place is written by John Krasinski, Bryan Woods, and Scott Beck and directed by John Krasinski.



The story is a family must survive from mysterious creatures of unknown origin. In order to live to see another day from these monsters you can't make a sound. Will they survive or are they going to make a sound and be devoured?





Initial Reaction


Now I'm going to be honest I wasn't at all excited about this film. Mainly because from what I've seen from the TV spots it looked very generic. But since I prefer to judge a movie on it's final product I thought I should see it and hope that the commercials weren't what they appeared to be.





Cons


One complaint I have with the movie is...jumped scares. I could not stand them. The film even used the clichèd "oh it wasn't the monster that made the noise it was something like a cat or another small animal." When that happened I just shook my head in disappointment.




Middle Ground


I've got nothing to say. So let's move on.





Pros



John Krasinski has directed movies before this one. Now I haven't seen his previous two films but after watching A Quiet Place I want to watch his other flicks. He's quite a good director. He kept the camera steady, he got great shots, and overall he has good direction. One thing to also praise the film on is it doesn't focus on the creatures a large majority of the time but instead the family. We get a good sense of each of their characters and their dynamic with each other. I also liked how the movie doesn't start off with how the monsters started their destruction. Seriously the film tells us the family/other people as well have been trying to survive these things for 89+ days. This gives the movie a great mystery about how all of this happened or when it happened. The performance for the movie are great. Everyone did a spectacular job in this especially since they had so little dialogue to give. A Quiet Place is very much an intense thriller. What really helps the film with it's atmosphere is the lack of sound. I'm not overreacting when I say the film made me feel uneasy.





A Quiet Place is as of right now the best thriller movie I've seen. Krasinski is a good director, I really cared for the family, starting off the movie with the monster's aftermath was a good choice, the acting was amazing, and the film does provide some scary moments. My only complaint is the clichéd jump scares.




My final rating is Great



So if you haven't seen this film yet I strongly recommend you should.




State of The Project (Mar 19th - Apr 9th)


Mar 19th - Road to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - The Lost World: Jurassic Park Review


Mar 22nd - No Pacific Rim Reviews. Sorry


Mar 26th - The Top 14 Best Internet Critics


Mar 29th - Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay Review


Mar 31st - Ready Player One Review


Apr 7th - A Quiet Place Review


Apr 9th - The Top 4 Reasons Why I Hate Rotten Tomatoes




NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment