Thursday, August 27, 2020

A Look Back at Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension (2011)


Phineas And Ferb: Across The Second Dimension - Филмови и ТВ-серии ...


With a new Phineas and Ferb movie (Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe) coming out soon I've decided to look back at the first movie.





Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension is a 2011 animated action adventure film based on the TV series Phineas and Ferb. The movie was produced by Walt Disney Television Animation and Wang Film Productions and distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television. Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension is written by Jon Colton Barry, Dan Povenmire, and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh and directed by Robert F. Hughes and Dan Povenmire.





The story is it's seems like it's going to another average summer day for Phineas and Ferb. That all changes real quick when Phineas and Ferb help Dr. Doofenshmirtz with his newest invention and then (along with secret agent Perry the Platypus) are sent to another dimension. That world's Doofenshmirtz now wants to rule their world but Phineas and Ferb are going to put a stop to that.








  • Negatives


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







  • Mix



Now for the most part you don't really absolutely need to watch the show to fully understand the movie, but I do think watching a couple episodes would help. Because the movie does take running gags from the show and if didn't watch the series you might be confused.








  • Positives



One thing that I liked about the movie I didn't really by attention to when I first watched it back in 2011 was how there's quite a bit of drama. Because while this is an overall fun movie seeing Perry struggle with keeping his secret but yet later on its revealed to the people he loves was actually a little sad to see.



Another thing that made the movie great was the music, and I'm not talking about the score I mean the musical numbers. They were a fun to listen too and the scenes around them were colorful and creative. I think my favorite song was "Robot Riot".



What I also liked about Across the 2nd Dimension was the humor. Some was slow and funny, while others were fast paced and funny. I felt like all of the jokes worked and none of them disappointed me.



The final thing I'll praise the movie for is it's animation. At first it does seem like it was going to be the same as the TV series but once things get in motion you definitely see the difference. Backgrounds seem more detailed, movements are way faster than the show, and sometimes the characters facial expressions are more expressive.








Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension is definitely one of the better Disney made-for-TV movies. It has good drama, fun songs, even better humor, and really good animation. Might need to watch the show beforehand but I think you're safe from not having to do that.








My final thing is Great








Okay, that's all for me. Come back on Saturday, August 29th for my review of Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe. Until then enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment