Monday, August 24, 2020

Superman: Man of Tomorrow Review




Superman: Man of Tomorrow is a direct-to-video comic book movie and the thirty-ninth film for DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Superman: Man of Tomorrow is written by Tim Sheridan and directed by Chris Palmer.





The story is since he was young Clark Kent has always known he was different from everybody else. Years later Clark works as an intern for the Daily Planet, when he's not doing that he's testing his powers. However, he better learn quick because there are some serious threats coming to Metropolis.








Initial Reaction


Now after Superman: Red Son was said and done I was looking forward to the next solo animated Superman flick. Then pictures and a trailer was released I just couldn't wait. Especially since it wouldn't have any ties to the DC Animated Movie Universe (and I mean that in a nice way not a spiteful way).







Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Middle Ground


Now the action in the movie is pretty good. Although there were times when it looked like it was pretty slow, that happened a few times when Superman and Lobo were going at it. But I feel like it was still fine for what it was worth.







Pros


One thing that I liked about the film was it did do a good amount of diving in to people being fearful of the unknown or in this case aliens. I saw people being curious, suspicious, or scared. That really added a lair to the movie. Another thing I enjoyed about the movie was much like last year's Wonder Woman: Bloodlines was the different style of animation. It definitely stands out compared to things we've seen from the DC Animated Movie Universe, Bruce Timm's style, or something similar to Timm's style like Batman: Gotham by Gaslight or Superman: Red Son. Another thing you'll enjoy about the film is we get a different kind of Superman origin story. Meaning we don't see Krypton explode but instead were witnessing year one of Superman. The final thing I'll give Superman: Man of Tomorrow is the voice work. I thought the cast did a good job acting as these characters.








Superman: Man of Tomorrow is yet another great installment to DC's animated movie library. It has a good story about people being scared of these new aliens that popped up out of nowhere, good animation, a nicely done and different Superman origin story, and the voice work was pretty good. The only grey area was some fun action scenes even though sometimes it looked like it was slow at times.








My final rating is Good








Well I'm done here. Come back on Thursday, August 27th for my A Look Back at review of Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension. Until then enjoy the rest of your day.





Oh by the way! I forgot to put it in my DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes post....mainly because I missed the panel but next year's DC animated movies are going to be Batman: Soul of the Dragon, Justice Society: World War II, and the one I'm most excited for Batman: The Long Halloween. Which will be divided into two parts. I can't wait for those next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment