Thursday, August 13, 2020

Classic Film Night - Life of Brian


Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979) - IMDb


Life of Brian (or Monty Python's Life of Brian) is a 1979 British comedy film. The movie is produced by HandMade Films, Python (Monty) Pictures, and Orion Pictures and distributed by Orion Pictures and Warner Bros. Life of Brian was written by Monty Python and directed by Terry Jones.





The story is a man named Brian who was born one stable down and on the same night as Jesus however Brian is just a simple man. But once he falls in love with a woman, he tries to impress her by joining an independent movement. However when things get too heated Brian relays things he heard from Jesus and is mistaken for the Messiah.







My Thoughts


One great thing about the movie is how it's shot. It's so we'll crafted and put together, looking at those sets alone shows you how much time and effort was put into making this film.



What I also loved about it was the filmmakers took a huge risk. They were making fun of religion and Jesus himself. Well not so much of Jesus but if you watch the movie you'll understand my point. And some of the jokes they did in here made my jaw drop.



Speaking of the jokes, I absolutely love the humor in this. It definitely deserved to be called one of the best comedies movies. I think my favorite part was when Matthias and Centurion talked about crucifixion. That bit dialogue was just great.



The final thing I'll praise Life of Brian for is the performances. We only have a hand full of cast members and they're playing multiple different characters and they're all great. The best are Graham Chapman and Eric Idle, I add Idle in there because the guy was just amazing with every scene he was in.








Life of Brian is a comedy you must see. It's well made, a risk taker, hilarious, and the performances are spectacular.








My final rating is A Must Watch








Okay so this was pretty short but due come back on Saturday, August 15th for my review of the newest Netflix movie Project Power. Until then enjoy the rest of your day and watch Life of Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment