Thursday, October 21, 2021

Injustice Review

 


Injustice is an animated direct-to-video comic book movie based on the Injustice franchise. The movie is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Injustice is written by Ernie Altbacker and Ian Rodgers and directed by Matt Peters.





The story is Joker has tricked Superman into destroying everything he holds near and dear to his heart. Because of these events, Superman now wants rule the world as he sees fit in what he believes will keep people save. Batman not wanting to stand side-by-side with a dictator has formed his own alliance in an attempt to stop Superman and his tyrannical rule. How far will both sides go to put an end to one another?












Initial Reaction

Come on...it's Injustice...do I really need say anymore than that? Okay, I will. So yes, what hooked me in was that this DC animated movie was going to be about Injustice. That alone was enough to peak my interest but, what also got me interested was it was going to be made by the same people who produced both Mortal Kombat Legends movies.









Cons

The absolute biggest problem with the movie is it REALLY should've been either a film series or an even better idea, a TV series. Because the Injustice story takes place within five years and then we get to the game. This movie actually tried to jam in the Year One through Year Five storylines and a tiny bit of the game into an hour long movie. Which wasn't a good idea. Cause what we ended up with was a movie that really felt rushed. So when I was watching I really couldn't get into it because the filmmakers were trying to do so much with only a small runtime.









Middle Ground

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









Pros

One good thing from Injustice was the action. Once again DC has entertained by providing some very fun action scenes. One other positive was the voice acting. I can understand how some people would've preferred the cast from the game, but I felt like the cast we got did a really good job with the material they were given. The last thing I thought was good about the film was the animation. If you like the animation style from the animated Mortal Kombat movies, than I think you'll like the style here as well.









Injustice is the first time I've ever been disappointed in a DC animated movie. It's biggest problem is it took a very large story arc and tried to condense it into one movie, when this should've been a film series or a TV series. But what prevents me from giving the movie a very low rating was there is good action, voice work, and animation.










My final rating is Bad.










Hopefully next year's animated DC movies (those being Catwoman: Hunted, Green Lantern: Beware My Power, and Battle of the Super Sons) will be much better. So, that's all for me. Come back on Saturday, Oct 23rd for the very much anticipated sci-fi epic Dune. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment