Thursday, December 23, 2021

Sing 2 Review

 


Sing 2 is a 3D animated musical comedy film and the sequel to 2016's Sing. The movie is produced by Illumination and distributed by Universal Pictures. Sing 2 is written and directed by Garth Jennings.






The story is it's been two years after the events of the first movie, and Buster Moon is now famous for his theatre. However, one talent scout named Suki says him and his cast aren't good enough and wouldn't even make it in Redshore City, a place claimed to be where stars are made. Taking up the challenge Buster and the gang head there, and along the way need help from a legendary rockstar who hasn't been seen in 15 years, Clay Calloway.










Initial Reaction


Being a fan of the first movie, I was really excited to hear that the filmmakers were working on a sequel. Although like with many other films, I was a little bummed out that it had to pushed around because of COVID-19. Thankfully it had a set date this year, and better yet I wasn't gonna miss because my local theater would be having a showing.









Cons

My only real issue with the movie was the gang thought about going to Redshore City WAY TOO QUICKLY. Buster Moon gets one negative comment about one of his shows, and that was enough to make him and everyone else go. I understand it [the comment] came from a talent scout and all, but I'm almost certain he heard much worse from the previous movie.








Middle Ground

Now we still do get some good character development from this just like the previous flick. Although here, I felt like some of the character's problems got solved a lot quicker than what they were put through last time.









Pros

Even though there was a slight issue with character development, overall I still liked these characters just as much as the first movie. Sure we have a villain, but you're supposed to hate him. I also do want to give credit to the actors and actresses. The cast from the first movie yet again did a fantastic job voicing their characters. But I'm also giving credit to newcomers such as Bobby Cannavale as Jimmy Crystal, Halsey as Porsha Crystal, Bono as Clay Calloway, and etc. The last thing I'll give the movie credit for is the animation. Once again it's spectacular. Especially during the final act when their doing their play. That whole sequence of events was definitely an upgrade when comparing to the last final performance.









Overall Sing 2 is a good sequel. What with likeable characters, a great cast, and wonderful animation. Character development is still there, but sometimes it's done just a little too quick. My only issue was we got to the city way too quickly. However, despite that, I think the good out weights the bad.









My final rating is Good.










So I'm all done here. Come back on Saturday, Dec 25th for my review of The Matrix Resurrections. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment