Thursday, February 10, 2022

Catwoman: Hunted Review

 


Catwoman: Hunted is an animated direct-to-video comic book movie based on the DC Comics character, Catwoman. The film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Catwoman: Hunted is written by Greg Weisman and directed by Shinsuke Terasawa.





The story is Selina Kyle aka Catwoman, does her usual activity. Stealing jewels. Only this time it goes very differently. Cause this time she's being chased down by supervillains, Interpol, and Batwoman. Now she has to somehow survive and cash in on her new found fortune.











Initial Reaction

My main reason for wanting to see this one was because of Greg Weisman. The guy has made some really good stuff. Such as the underrated Gargoyles, the cancelled too soon Spectacular Spider-Man, and a show I'm glad came back Young Justice. So when I heard he was writing this, my interest was peaked.








Cons

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.








Middle Ground

The only mix bag was the story. There's nothing truly awful about it, it's just very basic. Which I didn't found to be anything insulting. Would've I preferred more, sure. But by the end of the day, I think the overall story we were given served it's purpose.








Pros

Now, I thought the cast did great with the characters that they voiced. But I especially gotta give props to Elizabeth Gillies. Her voice was absolutely perfect for Catwoman. It was so good that if she ever plays the character again, I would be all for it. Another I found enjoyable was those bits of humor. My favorite parts were some of the back and forth banter between Catwoman and Batwoman. I also liked a lot of the action. Sure the fights were cool, but I was really enjoying the opening car chase. That one was really fun. The last aspect I want to give credit for is the animation. Not only is showing that DC is going to use different styles going forward, but I thought it was pretty good. There might have been one maybe two instances where I thought it looked kinda stiff, but for a huge portion of the film it was good.








Overall while I did like Catwoman: Hunted it's one of those animated DC movies I think you have to go see right here, right now. Gillies' voice for Catwoman was fantastic, the humor's good, the action was fun, and the animation wasn't too bad. But what brought the movie down a peg, was the pretty simple story.








My final rating is Okay.








So that's gonna do it for me. Come back on Saturday, Feb 12th for my review of the newest HBO Max movie, Kimi. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment