Saturday, February 26, 2022

No Exit Review

 


No Exit is a thriller movie based on Taylor Adams' 2017 novel of the same name. The film is produced by 20th Century Studios and Flitcraft and distributed by Hulu. No Exit is written by Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari and directed by Damien Power.





The story is a young woman was on her to go visit her mother who's currently in the hospital for a brain aneurysm, soon she's stuck with a group of people at a rest stop and waiting out the blizzard with them. Things then take a horrifying turn when the young woman finds a little girl who was kidnapped by one of the people inside the rest stop. The tension is rising as everyone is trying to figure who the kidnapper who could.









Initial Reaction

The reason why I wanted to see this movie was because of the synopsis. Sure it's a basic premise, but it still sounds interesting. And the trailer didn't do a bad job either.









Cons

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









Middle Ground

Now there is a very controversial moment in the film. Basically, one of the characters is a recovering drug addict. That person is pinned to a wall and they need something to help numb the pain to get unpinned. So the character takes drugs. Now, I can understand why that would ruffle a few feathers. But at the same time, I understand it from the story perspective. I don't fully agree, but at the same time I get what the writers were going for. Then we have the whole kidnapper thing. Honestly, pretty standard villain. But while the storyline of that part of the movie was standard, I don't think many people will take any real issue with it. I think maybe they'll find it serviceable.









Pros

One positive I do want to give is the suspense. It's pretty well done, and there was quite a few times when I was getting a little nervous. What I also liked was the performances. Everyone did a really good job. And there wasn't one actor or actress I was disappointed in. Even the little girl (who's real name is Mila Harris) who despite being only nine maybe ten, she was really pretty good. Then there's the runtime. If you're in the mood for a nice short and sweet thriller, here ya go. Everything you want is all nicely packaged in a perfect 90 minutes bow. I also want to give credit for the cinematography. It's nothing award winning but, it does look really nice, and really made the movie look good. Which in return made the viewing experience everything better.









Overall No Exit is a good. Nice tension, good performances, a nicely done runtime, and some pretty good cinematography. The whole thing with the kidnapper was standard, but it did do it's job. And even though I understand and don't fully agree with the whole recovering drug addict taking drugs for strength, I can understand why the writers went that route.









My final rating is Good.








Okay that's all for now. Come back on Monday, Feb 28th. For that day, I'll be talking about Been Affleck's version of The Batman. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment