Saturday, March 2, 2024

Dune: Part Two Review

 


Dune: Part Two is an epic sci-fi film, the sequel to 2021 verison of Dune, and is the second part of the adaptation of Frank Herbert's novel, Dune. It's produced by Legendary Pictures, Villeneuve Films, and Disruption Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Dune: Part Two is written by Denis Villeneuve and Jon Spaihts and directed by Denis Villeneuve.





The story is, Paul Atreides along with a united group of Chani and Fremen having been raiding spices as a way to hurt those they seek revenge on. But things soon take a turn when Paul is the only one who can see a terrible future. Now, he must choose between the woman he loves or the fate of the universe.








Initial Reaction

Having been very impressed with the first movie, it only made sense that I'd want to see the sequel.








Cons

Nothing here folks.








Middle Ground

My mixed bag with this movie is the exact same with the first film, the pacing. Now it makes sense for this movie to be 2 hours long, cause the story absolutely needed that runtime. But there are instances where things just feel too slow. Not saying the movie needed to rush anything because that would've been a disastrous outcome to the story, but there are ways not to make your movie feel like two hours.








Pros

One of the many great things about Dune: Part Two is Denis Villeneuve's directing along with Greg Fraiser's cinematography. These two I swear were meant to team-up. Just like the first movie this is just gorgeous looking, it's almost looks like paintings brought to life. Then there's the performances. It's no surprise that the previous cast members such as Timothèe Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Zendaya, etc. are spectacular actors and actress, so naturally they were also great here. With that out of the way, I also got to give credit to the new cast members such as Austin Butler, who played Feyd-Rautha. I had absolutely no idea that was him. Much like his performance in Elvis, the guy just disappears into the role. The last thing I'll praise is the story. The story is tremendous. I was completely engrossed by it. I loved Paul's journey, the theme of playing with faith, and once again etc. Speaking of that faith thing, I couldn't help but be fascinated by it. I was surprised just by how focused I got whenever the Fremen talked about their prophecy. Then the ending...oh my god, the ending. Don't worry I won't give it away, but man, did it make my eyes go wide and my jaw dropped.








Guys, you've gotta see Dune: Part Two. It's mind blowing, amazing, epic, and every other positive connotation you can think of.








My final rating is, Great.








That's all for tonight. Come back on Monday, Mar 4th, for part two of the Road to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, with my review of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment