Saturday, September 28, 2019

Abominable Review



Abominable is computer-animated adventure film. The movie is produced by DreamWorks Animation and Pearl Studio and distributed by Universal Pictures. Abominable is written and directed by Jill Culton.





The story is a teenage girl named Yi seems to be having an average day for a girl her age. Until one night she discovers an Yeti on your apartment roof. She and her friends Jin and Peng all decide to bring Everest (the name they gave the Yeti) back home to his family. However evil forces are trying to capture the Yeti.








Initial Reaction



Now if I'm being honest I really didn't have any intention of seeing this movie. Don't get me wrong the trailers and tv spots did showcase the film has a beautiful experience. The problem was I would always forget this movie was coming out. But since my theater wasn't going to show Rambo: Last Blood I told my audience (what a small time reviewer like me has anyway) that I make up for that no show review by reviewing this movie.








Cons



I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Middle Ground



The real grey area with the is it's story. We've seen a lot of familiar stuff revolved around this kid finds a strange creature plot. Yet I think what helps the movie stand of it's own feet is it's execution. That'll hopefully help it not be compared to other movies that used this same type of story.







Pros



One thing I liked about the movie was the humor. This is a very funny film and there were a couple of times when I let out a big laugh (thankfully at the time of my showing I was the only one there and I didn't bother anyone). What also makes the movie an enjoyable experience are the character arcs. Throughout the movie our main characters going through some sort of arc that helps develops them from where they were at the beginning of the movie. Now when you make a movie revolving around a strange creature it's very important to make it charming and the writers definitely made Everest a charming character. From beginning to end you'll just fall in love with him, it was impossible for my to hate this character. Since this is an animated movie it's time to talk about the animation and wow...it was really good. There were so many moments were the animation is eye catching and you never want to look away. It's especially beautiful whenever Everest is using his powers.








Abominable wasn't my most anticipated movie for the month of September (that title went to Rambo: Last Blood) but I'm actually glad I went to see this movie. It has a lot of funny moments, great character arcs, Everest was cute, and the animation is great. The only mix bag was the story. While it's definitely something we've seen I think the execution will help it in the end run.








My final rating is Great








Alright everyone, that's all for me. Come back on Monday, September 30th even I bring you an update about my plans for October. Until then enjoy the rest of your day and give Abominable a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment