Monday, September 23, 2019

Road to Terminator: Dark Fate - Terminator: Genisys Review


Terminator: Genisys - Poster Gallery


Terminator: Genisys is a 2015 science fiction action film as well as the fifth movie in the Terminator film series. The movie is produced by Skydance Productions and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Terminator: Genisys was written by Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis and directed by Alan Taylor.



The story is Kyle Reese is set back to 1984 to protect John Connor's mother Sarah Connor from the killing machine known as the Terminator. However when he gets there Sarah is already a skilled fighter and has a Terminator for a guardian. Now Kyle, Sarah, and the Terminator must figure why the timeline is as messed up as it is.








  • Negatives


My only real issue with the movie is Jai Courtney. Oh no it has nothing to do with his performance it's just he was miscast. I mean when I think Kyle Reese I think of someone who is averaged height and built not a guy who is bulked up and really tall.









  • Mix


One of the two grey areas with the movie is the timeline. For some parts it's fine, everything's good nothing to really make you question things but then you get those instances of "wait a minute that doesn't seem right".



The other mix bag for the film is the acting. A large majority of the acting in the movie serviceable. There wasn't an a scene where I thought anyone was giving a bad performance just an alright one. Expect for Arnold Schwarzenegger he definitely had the best performance out of anybody.








  • Positives



One good thing about the movie is the action. It was fun and enjoyable to watch and kept me interested to watch the movie from start to finish.



The other aspect of the movie I enjoyed was the new Terminator, the T-3000. It was a really cool and new take of the Terminators. I also thought it was cool it doesn't think of it's self as neither man or machine but like a whole new breed of cyborgs. I also thought it a really creepy looking default design.








Terminator: Genisys is an alright movie. It has fun action scenes and the new Terminator was awesome. The areas were it could have used more work is the timeline and the acting while okay (expect Schwarzenegger's acting he was great) it definitely left a lot more to be desired. The only real bad thing was Jai Courtney's miscasting.








My final rating is Okay








So yeah I just think Terminator: Genisys is okay. Is it one of the Terminator films I'll re-watch yes, is it one I'll watch over and over again no. Overall it's fine. So anyhow that's all for me, come back on Thursday, September 26th for my review of the newest animated DC film, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans. Until then enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment