Thursday, November 25, 2021

Black Friday Review

 


Black Friday is a horror comedy movie. The film is produced by MFW Manufacturing and The Warner Davis Company and distributed by Screen Media Films. Black Friday is written Andy Greskoviak and directed by Casey Tebo.





The story is is it seems like it's going to be another typical/exhausting day for the employees at the We Heart Toys, only this time it's probably worse because it's Black Friday. Everything seems to be in a normal chaotic famous as one would expect from such a marketable day, but soon the employees witness the customers become monsters. Now they must fight to survive or this Black Friday will be very dark.









Initial Reaction

At first I had no idea this movie even existed. It wasn't until somebody that I follow on Twitter re-tweeted the trailer, then I watched and I was hooked. Cause going by the trailer it seems like it's going to be fun B-movie. Also, Bruce Campbell AND Michael Jai White?! Sold.





Cons

Now even though I did like the movie, I do have this feeling that it's going to be forgotten. I just don't see anybody talking about this for weeks upon weeks so forth. But who knows, maybe in a couple of years it'll become a cult classic, and I'll be seeing a hilarious review about it on Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews.









Middle Ground

The only gray area with Black Friday is the acting. Most of the times it's okay. The best one out of all of them was definitely Bruce Campbell. He really did bring his usual charisma and comedic charm once again, like he typically does.









Pros

One pro with the movie is the humor. Sure it's not the greatest comedy of all time, but it was able to get some good laughs out of me, so it was serviceable. Another positive was just how well it made fun of Black Friday. Some pretty decent shots towards corporations and even greedy costumers. And what I thought was the best aspect of that was how the employees were either missing out with family or how they just plain didn't want to be there. And can we really blame them? Judging from videos I saw and new stories I've read, Black Friday sounds like a nightmare. The last thing I'll give Black Friday credit for is the special effects. Yes you do get those real iffy ones, but for the majority of the movie we get a lot of good effects, and the makeup team deserves a lot of props.









Overall Black Friday is a decent B-movie. It's got good humor, some nice satire of Black Friday, and the special effects were really good. Acting wise it's decent enough. However, I don't see this one as being well remembered as other B-movies.









My final rating is Okay.









So that's going to do it for me. Come back on Saturday, Nov 27th for my review of the newest Halle Berry movie, Bruised. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment