Saturday, November 13, 2021

Red Notice Review

 


Red Notice is a action comedy film. It's produced by Flynn Pictures Company, Seven Bucks Productions, and Bad Version Inc. and distributed by Netflix. Red Notice is written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber.





The story is two art thieves named Nolan Booth and The Bishop are trying to get their hands on three golden artifacts called Cleopatra's Eggs. But FBI profiler John Hartley plans to stop both of them, before one or the other can get all three.









Initial Reaction

I think I'm like everybody else when I say, what caught my attention and reasoning for wanting to see this one was because we've got Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, AND Gal Gadot! That's an awesome cast right there.








Cons

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









Middle Ground

The mix bag with Red Notice is sometimes things happen with our characters that are very convenient. Hell even Ryan Reynolds' character has a bit of dialogue where he says "Look for the box that says MacGuffin on it". However, I was willing to let it slide just a bit, because at the end of the day I still kinda liked it.









Pros

One pro to the film is Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds' chemistry. Them going either back and forth or Ryan just annoying Dwayne's character was very entertaining, and a huge highlight. What I also liked was the humor. I thought it was pretty good. There was a lot of times when I was laughing. There was also some pretty good action scenes as well.  I think my favorite one was this chase chase scene during the final act. I can't give it away because I feel like it'd be a spoiler. The last thing I'll give credit where it's due is Thurber's directing. I actually dug this one thing he did, where the camera is at bird's eye view and it very gracefully was swaying back and forth. I don't know if any other director has ever done but I really liked it.










I don't know why critics are being so harsh with this film? Sure it's not the greatest thing of all time but, I came to enjoy it for what I got. And what I got was great chemistry with our stars, good humor, some fun action, and some good directing from Rawson Marshall Thurber. Yes, things can be convenient for our characters, but I feel like that can be forgiven.










My final rating is Good.










Okay, that's going to do it for me. Come back on Monday, Nov 15th for my review of Home Sweet Home Alone. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment