Thursday, November 18, 2021

Road to The Batman - The Dark Knight Review

 


The Dark Knight is a 2008 comic book movie based on the DC Comics' character Batman, and the second installment of The Dark Knight Trilogy. The movie was produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, DC Comics, Legendary Pictures, and Syncopy and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The Dark Knight is written by Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer, and Jonathan Nolan and directed by Christopher Nolan.





The story is Batman, Police Lieutenant Gordon, and District Attorney Harvey Dent are so close to putting an end to organized crime in Gotham City. What they don't know yet is a new criminal has arrived and his name is the Joker. Joker plans to undermine Batman and all the other heroes' influences and spread anarchy. Batman must put an end to this Joker before Gotham is a playground for agents of chaos.









  • Negatives

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









  • Mix

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.









  • Positives

One of the many great aspects of the movie is Christopher Nolan's directing. This is such a beautifully shot, and of course you get many iconic shots. One of the best/classic ones is when Batman is standing on a bunch of rubble and his cape is flapping in the wind.



What also made this chapter of The Dark Knight Trilogy such an amazing movie is the Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard's score. It's just so well crafted and you just can't help but what to hum to the beats.



The other thing that makes the movie great is the performances. I know Bale's receives backlash for his growly Batman voice, but when he's not doing that he still gives off some good acting. Then there's Heath Ledger...what can I say about his performance that hasn't been said already? He just disappeared in that Joker makeup. Which makes it all the more tragic that he's not with us.



Then there's the dialogue. I don't even think I have to go into too much detail about how great it is. Everyone knows "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" and "Why so serious?". My personal favorite has always been Alfred's speech about how some men just want to watch the world burn.



We also got some awesome action. It's very thrilling and gets you pumped. My all time favorite is the chase scene with the S.W.A.T. truck, Joker's truck, and Batman's batpod.



The last thing I'll praise about the film is it's very suspenseful. So many moments where I found myself getting really nervous during some scenes. I would've thought I'd be use to it after seeing when it first came out, see it multiple times on DVD when I was a kid, and years later watching it yesterday. But nope, movie still gets me.










The Dark Knight is not only one of my favorite comic book movies, but really just a spectacular movie in general. It has great directing, unforgettable music, amazing performances, great dialogue, exciting action, and well executed suspense.










My final rating is A Must Watch.










So that's going to do it for me. Come back on Saturday, Nov 20th for my review of Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment