Monday, August 21, 2017

Road to Justice League - Justice League: Gods and Monsters Review


Note: This review contains spoilers. You have been warned.


Image result for justice league gods and monsters poster

Justice League: Gods and Monsters is a 2015 direct-to-video animated superhero film and is the twenty-fifth entery in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. It's produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Home Video. The film was written by Alan Burnett and Bruce Timm and directed by Sam Liu.


The story is scientists are being murdered by supposedly the Justice League. Now the League must find out who's committing these murders and why specific scientists are being targeted in order to clear their names.



  • Negatives

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.


  • Mix

I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.



  • Positives

One thing I absolutely love about this movie is the writers ideas for these alternate takes on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman among many others. Superman is Zod's son & was raised by Mexican immigrants, Batman is a literally vampire, and Wonder Woman is woman named Bekka who was once part of the New Gods and has a sword with a Mother Box in it. They even have a good take on the Metal Men.


Another thing I liked was the origin stories to Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman was a scientist named Kirk Langstrom who was trying to cure he's cancer but things went wrong and he turned into a vampire. Bekka's story is she was going to marry Apokolips' prince Orion but their wedding was a set up to kill everyone in Apokolips so now she wants to run away from her past. I really felt bad for them and I hoped they would find peace one day.


There's actually a pretty good mystery revolving around who's killing these scientists. Throughout the movie your guessing who's committing this crime and why? Then when it was revealed who did I was a little surprised.


Gods and Monsters also has a great art style. Bruce Timm just did a fantastic job designing these characters and I never get tired of his work.


I also liked the voice acting. And since I play favorites I think Michael C. Hall as Kirk Langstrom/Batman was best out of everybody. I think what I liked about him was the deep voice he gave the character.


This is also another DC animated movie with awesome action scenes. My favorite was the final fight during the third act. That part of the movie got me really excited.



Justice League: Gods and Monsters is one of my many favorites in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies library. It has a very different take on the Trinity among other DC characters, Wonder Woman and Batman have great origin stories, an interesting mystery, a good art style, I liked Michael C. Hall as Kirk Langstrom, and the action is spectacular.



My final rating is A Must Watch



State of The Project (Aug 7th - Aug 24th)


Aug 7th - A Look Back at The Nut Job (2014)


Aug 10th - Raiders of The Lost Media - Mythbusters - Cannibal Mouse (NSFW)


Aug 12th - The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature Review


Aug 14th - Annabelle: Creation Review


Aug 17th - Batman and Harley Quinn Review


Aug 21st - Road to Justice League - Justice League: Gods and Monsters Review


Aug 24th - Cinematic Disasters - Supergirl




NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment