Friday, March 19, 2021

Zack Snyder's Justice League Review

 


Zack Snyder's Justice League (or as it's often referred to as "The Snyder Cut") is a director's cut of the 2017 film Justice League. The movie is based on the DC Comics' superhero team the Justice League. The film is produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, DC Films, Atlas Entertainment, and The Stone Quarry and distributed by HBO Max. Zack Snyder's Justice League is written by Zack Snyder, Chris Terrio, and Will Beall and directed by Zack Snyder.





The story is Superman is dead and Batman doesn't want his noble sacrifice to be in vain. So he teams up with Wonder Woman to find other powerful metahumans. As soon as this team is formed an approaching threat is heading towards Earth and to make things worse the team is struggling with their own personal demons. Will they solve their problems and come together or will Earth be too late to save and be ruled by the forces of Apokolips?











Initial Reaction


Now if any of you have read my My #ReleaseTheSnyderCut Story and all of my other Snyder Cut post then you would know how long I've been waiting to see this movie, and how I'm ashamed I gave the 2017 theatrical cut a good review. But let's not get into that, the point is after the announcement was made I was pumped. I couldn't wait to see trailers, posters, sneak peeks, and etc. This movie made the list to My Most Anticipated Movies of 2021 along with Cherry even though I told all of you I'm not a big fan of streaming. But whether this movie was going to be on a streaming service or in theaters didn't really matter because we were finally gonna see what Zack Snyder was originally going to give us.








Cons


I've got nothing to say. Let's move on.







Middle Ground


The only mix bag with the film was the CGI. There were quite a few times when it's noticable. Other times it's gorgeous, especially that scene with Flash during the final battle. That scene almost looked like a painting.







Pros


One of the many praises I've got to give the film credit for is the score. The music from Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL) is one of the many improvements when compared to the theatrical cut. My favorite is We Do This Together. Just couldn't get enough of that rock riff, it was badass. What I also want to praise Zack Snyder's Justice League is the action. Not only was exciting but man was it brutal. Other than those f-bombs I can see where why that r-rating was needed. Another thing to give credit where credit is due is the pacing. Despite this being a 4 hour long film everything goes by smoothly. There were times when I had to pause and let my dogs outside, and when I came back and pressed play that pacing still remained that smoothness. What also deserves praise is Zack Snyder's directing. Sure this probably goes without saying but Snyder directed an absolutely beautiful film. I was already saying this should've been the film we should've gotten back in 2017 but after watching the film, this really really REALLY should've been the movie we should've gotten back in 2017. Because unlike that film this is clearly one director's style, tone, and vision. Another aspect that made Zack Snyder's Justice League such a great movie is that ending. I won't give it away cause it's a spoiler but, we gotta have a sequel. Because with an ending like that you just can't leave us hanging. The last thing I'll praise the Snyder Cut for and this is the movie's biggest strength, is it's character development. Again, this was something missing from the theatrical cut. Each and every one of our characters are fleshed out. Whether they're hero or villain we get to know them. What's going on with their lives, what are they feeling, and why they do the things they do.








Zack Snyder's Justice League definitely became one of my many favorite comic book movies. It has a fantastic score, brutal action, great pacing, Snyder's directing was amazing, that cliffhanger ending leaves you wanting more, and the character development is spectacular and the greatest highlight of the movie. Sometimes the CGI isn't always on point but when it is it's great.








My final rating is Great.








So yes, I definitely recommend you check out Zack Snyder's Justice League. Anyhow, that's going to do it for me. Come back on Monday, Mar 22nd for a brand new edition of my segment Is It True?. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment